The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

15 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t really understand why they’ve gotten rid of it, always seemed a good system to me

It seems odd. They're still keeping extra time so the home team in the second let gets an extra 30 mins at home to score again. If you were going to make it equally fair then extra time should be canned as well. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

It seems odd. They're still keeping extra time so the home team in the second let gets an extra 30 mins at home to score again. If you were going to make it equally fair then extra time should be canned as well. 

At least bring in away goals after extra time

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I remember that ill fated night :(

We left when they scored and by the time we were halfway down the stairs, we scored again. Ugo I think?

Yeah, messy last 15 minutes, messy goals. Just rewatched it, Staunton’s penalty - it required two follow ups to finally go in. When the ball finally goes in, there are four Villa players who are around the six yard box, seemingly none of the trazonspor players were in much of a rush to clear it. 

I’m sure I remember McGrath having a header saved after going 2-1 up, would have made it memorable for all the right reasons instead <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Been more or less the same for a long time I guess but it's interesting and a bit scary to look at the advertising boards and see where the money is coming from at the Euro's.

There are some exceptions but in the main it's the Chinese state Hisense, Tik-Tok & Alipay (Jack Ma whipped in line yet?), It's Qatar Airways, it's Gazprom and Azerbaijan state gas company Socar (the ones responsible for this ⬇️)  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Been more or less the same for a long time I guess but it's interesting and a bit scary to look at the advertising boards and see where the money is coming from at the Euro's.

There are some exceptions but in the main it's the Chinese state Hisense, Tik-Tok & Alipay (Jack Ma whipped in line yet?), It's Qatar Airways, it's Gazprom and Azerbaijan state gas company Socar

Football sold out years ago :( 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

I guess this is the right place for this?

I'd rather listen to him than ballbag Bieber or gingerfreak Sheeran.

• Like 3

On 24/06/2021 at 20:49, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t really understand why they’ve gotten rid of it, always seemed a good system to me

Disagree. Always thought it was dumb. Each team has 90 minutes to try and score goals at home, and another 90 minutes to try and score goals away.

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy numbers - almost £8m in agents fees.

Militão was sold for a fee of €50m and Porto state in their annual report that they earned €28.4m from his departure. According to the accounts, the remaining €21.6m was received by three parties, two of which were named as Macedo and Bertolucci.

A fee of €3.5 m was paid to Macedo’s company – BM Consulting – while Bertolucci, the agent for the former Arsenal defender David Luiz, is referred to as having received a fee, but there is nothing within the document indicating how much.

Separately, there has also been speculation as to who owns the rights to Militão, with São Paulo’s accounts appearing to show they were sold twice when he moved to Porto in 2018: once to the Portuguese side for €7m and also to the German debt-financing company, Score Capital AG, for nearly €18m.

• Sad 1

After an exciting summer of football and thankfully the great football people at FIFA have decided to try some drastic changes and will be tested at a FIFA youth tournament in Netherlands. These are the changes

• games reduced to 30 minutes a half
  • 5 minute punishment for yellow cards
  • Throw Ins to be taken with the feet
  • unlimited subs
  • free kicks can be dribbled immediately 

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

After an exciting summer of football and thankfully the great football people at FIFA have decided to try some drastic changes and will be tested at a FIFA youth tournament in Netherlands. These are the changes

• unlimited subs

Some of this is odd but some actually makes a bit of sense. 

The ball is generally only in play for 30 minutes a half and they're looking to stop the clock when it goes out of play. They think this would help remove time wasting. It's also similar to what they do in Rugby and it works there. 

Unlimited subs I don't agree with. Just favours larger teams and allows managers to try and change it up easily if they get their set up wrong. 

Sin bins work well in Rugby and add an interesting dynamic. I think there's potentially too many yellows at the moment for this to work though. Would be interested to see how it affects players if it was imposed, would they be more /less likely to dive? Would sliding tackles not be used any more? 

Throw ins being kicked in is a weird one. 

Free kicks being dribbled immediately might get rid of tactical fouls to stop attacks. Especially if it got the player a yellow. 

Interesting to see how it plays out. 

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

• unlimited subs

WTF. Why are they continually messing about with something that already works just fine the way it is. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

A late throw in on the halfway line is now a good opportunity to get the ball right under the crossbar.

But with throw ins you dont need to go 10 yards

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Steve Bruce and Southgate go wild.

Get it in the mixer.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

• unlimited subs

Nobody asked for this. What the hell. 

Â