The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If I was him I’d do exactly the same then, that’s a hell of a lot of money to be owed. 

I know they’ve paid out really high wages but the Barca thing still baffles me. You go to a game and you see how much they much generate in merchandising. There are hr long at the club shop, the stadium tour is always packed, it’s just crazy.

The merchandising thing makes me think I can't remember who described all these £100m players they've got cant even sell a sock, it's all messi 

Said it in the chuk thread about moriba wanting over £150k a week, not because he's Billy big bollocks or anything, he won't get that at leipzig, but because that was the going rate for the squad players at barca and he wanted to match it 

How do they get themselves in to that kind of mess? How are they signing kids from ajax who can only be on £30-50k a week and giving them £350k a week? 

Its Peter Ridsdale school of negotiation 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The merchandising thing makes me think I can't remember who described all these £100m players they've got cant even sell a sock, it's all messi 

Said it in the chuk thread about moriba wanting over £150k a week, not because he's Billy big bollocks or anything, he won't get that at leipzig, but because that was the going rate for the squad players at barca and he wanted to match it 

How do they get themselves in to that kind of mess? How are they signing kids from ajax who can only be on £30-50k a week and giving them £350k a week? 

Its Peter Ridsdale school of negotiation 

Its like when you start up Football Manager when bored and try to bankrupt a club you dont like but somehow they did it to themselves

Think they had to give Umtiti a new long term contract and he will never play but its just so they can reduce his salary down over years

image.jpeg.444c2850804ac62ae6448ab140168131.jpeg

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The thing I don’t get, the players who took a pay cut cos the team were broke… then they spent €50m on Torres before they could even register him to play.

I’d be screwing them for every penny if i were De Jong as they’ve taken the piss. 

Funniest thing is their fans on the forums who are all super pissed that the players refuse to take a 50% pay cut on the contracts they signed only a year ago. Greedy players who expect the club to honor their contracts instead of just forfeiting millions of € so that the club can sign new players they have no intention of paying for. de Jong, Braithwait, Dembele, Depay, Umtiti, Sergio Roberto and their agents all getting torn apart for being greedy for just wanting what the club has already agreed to pay them.

Their fan base is the worst in the world, even ahead of Liverpools.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Funniest thing is their fans on the forums who are all super pissed that the players refuse to take a 50% pay cut on the contracts they signed only a year ago. Greedy players who expect the club to honor their contracts instead of just forfeiting millions of € so that the club can sign new players they have no intention of paying for. de Jong, Braithwait, Dembele, Depay, Umtiti, Sergio Roberto and their agents all getting torn apart for being greedy for just wanting what the club has already agreed to pay them.

Their fan base is the worst in the world, even ahead of Liverpools.

If they were genuinely skint then fair enough, chipping in is a nice gesture. Being pressured into taking a pay cut just so they can give your wages to some other player / club / agent is a joke and the club should be reprimanded for suggesting such a thing.

FDJ should be demanding his wages are paid up in full plus anything in his contract about being sold (often players get a slice of the transfer if they have not requested the transfer).

• Like 2

La Liga needs a strong Barcelona, especially with no Messi, Ronaldo or M'bappé. The leagues market value is tanking and Tebas knows this better than anyone.

Nothing will happen to Barca, they are made.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

La Liga needs a strong Barcelona, especially with no Messi, Ronaldo or M'bappé. The leagues market value is tanking and Tebas knows this better than anyone.

Nothing will happen to Barca, they are made.

La Liga is the reason they need to get rid of players, they are the only body that is actually taking action against them by not letting them register players for breaking the rules. Without these rules they would have about 50 players and be in bigger debt

UEFA really should be denying them a licence and banning them from Europe

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

If they were genuinely skint then fair enough, chipping in is a nice gesture. Being pressured into taking a pay cut just so they can give your wages to some other player / club / agent is a joke and the club should be reprimanded for suggesting such a thing.

FDJ should be demanding his wages are paid up in full plus anything in his contract about being sold (often players get a slice of the transfer if they have not requested the transfer).

FDJ doesnt seem determined to mood and Dutch players are usually stubborn as it is, I can see him not backing down unless a compromise is made. Maybe United will pay less for him and give him the money from what was owed

Just now, Zatman said:

La Liga is the reason they need to get rid of players, they are the only body that is actually taking action against them by not letting them register players for breaking the rules. Without these rules they would have about 50 players and be in bigger debt

UEFA really should be denying them a licence and banning them from Europe

Yeah the salary % thing. They still won't punish them thou, just like with the Super League fiasco.

Push comes to shove they'll make some sort of exception so that Barca can stay competitative. No way will La Liga stand in the way of them bringing say Lewandowski to the league.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

FDJ doesnt seem determined to mood and Dutch players are usually stubborn as it is, I can see him not backing down unless a compromise is made. Maybe United will pay less for him and give him the money from what was owed

The player has the power here. Barca desperately want him gone, and United desperately want him in. I’m certain a deal will be struck where he doesn’t lose out.

Yeah why didn't he put 3ft wide of the goal or smash it over the bar? It's so brazen it's funny

Saw one in the Canadian league at the weekend where in a penalty box scramble an attacking player cleared it off the line rather than tap it in, that's a weird one 

Â