Josh Onomah

skarroki

He did better when he was moved out wide today and was pretty ineffective just behind Davis.

I'd start Grealish next weekend just behind Davis and drop Onomah to the bench as Grealish has done more over the last 3 or 4 games from the bench than Onomah has done after starting.

• Like 3

Noticed him not going for a few 50/50 tackles and headers today which was disappointing and smacked of someone who doesn’t fully appreciate the club. Would definitely put Grealish in next time as he seemed to care a lot more when he can on.

59 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Noticed him not going for a few 50/50 tackles and headers today which was disappointing and smacked of someone who doesn’t fully appreciate the club. Would definitely put Grealish in next time as he seemed to care a lot more when he can on.

THIS!

I said it last game.

It's the problem with loans like this, realistically his heart won't be in it.

You can bet if Spurs had told him that he was expendable and he was playing for a move things would be different.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Zero loss, I hope they do recall him. You might argue he was needed but now Grealish is back, we'd be better giving games to him instead.

Onomah has been brilliant for a couple of games, a passenger for a lot of the games and a stroppy, lazy, liability the rest. A loan signing MUST improve the team to be worthwhile, giving him experience isn't our job, and for that reason he has to go - we're better without him. I'm happy giving time and patience to our own youngsters as at least that benefits us in the long term.

Onomah will never get anywhere near the Spurs first team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Zero loss, I hope they do recall him. You might argue he was needed but now Grealish is back, we'd be better giving games to him instead.

Onomah has been brilliant for a couple of games, a passenger for a lot of the games and a stroppy, lazy, liability the rest. A loan signing MUST improve the team to be worthwhile, giving him experience isn't our job, and for that reason he has to go - we're better without him. I'm happy giving time and patience to our own youngsters as at least that benefits us in the long term.

Onomah will never get anywhere near the Spurs first team.

He will be a loss if grealish gets injured again. He is a good option

but why spurs would call him back is a mystery is certainly not good enough to be playing for them. I suspect if he is called back the chances of him ending back here go up

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He will be a loss if grealish gets injured again. He is a good option

but why spurs would call him back is a mystery is certainly not good enough to be playing for them. I suspect if he is called back the chances of him ending back here go up

I dont rate him. Id rather we gave Ohare a go. More potential imo. 

• Like 2

Whilst I hope O'Hare goes on to do great things for us, I think a lot of people on here are setting themselves up for disappointment. O'Hare has been selected for 1 or 2 games by his country at youth level, and made a couple of first team starts against lower league opposition in the league cup and if I remember correctly struggled in the Middlesbrough game. Onomah has been selected at all youth levels for his country and contributed to wining the WC at one of those levels, and has made a lot more appearances at a higher level. At this moment in time I would say Onomah is ahead of O'Hare, and has shown he can perform at a albeit slightly higher level. I would say that Onomah is probably rated the higher of the two in the game as it currently stands.

Youngsters making their way in the game are going to have their ups and downs, they struggle not only with the physical side but mental side in their first few seasons. I think we need to be a bit more understanding with the likes of Onomah, Davis, Grealish and O'Hare and not build them up as superstars after 1 or 2 games and equally not write them off as crap as soon as they have a few bad games.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NeilS said:

Whilst I hope O'Hare goes on to do great things for us, I think a lot of people on here are setting themselves up for disappointment. O'Hare has been selected for 1 or 2 games by his country at youth level, and made a couple of first team starts against lower league opposition in the league cup and if I remember correctly struggled in the Middlesbrough game. Onomah has been selected at all youth levels for his country and contributed to wining the WC at one of those levels, and has made a lot more appearances at a higher level. At this moment in time I would say Onomah is ahead of O'Hare, and has shown he can perform at a albeit slightly higher level. I would say that Onomah is probably rated the higher of the two in the game as it currently stands.

Youngsters making their way in the game are going to have their ups and downs, they struggle not only with the physical side but mental side in their first few seasons. I think we need to be a bit more understanding with the likes of Onomah, Davis, Grealish and O'Hare and not build them up as superstars after 1 or 2 games and equally not write them off as crap as soon as they have a few bad games.

How many Youth international games did Jamie Vardy have? and the other way around, there is a lot of players playing at all youth levels, but doesn't make it at Premier League or Championship levels, so it really doens't count for that much

I know this O Hare love fest is a bit OTT, yes he should be given a chance perhaps from bench but from what I have seen of him he has good energy and drive but Onomah has a hell of  alot to his game (despite his inconsistencies) than O hare so far. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know this O Hare love fest is a bit OTT, yes he should be given a chance perhaps from bench but from what I have seen of him he has good energy and drive but Onomah has a hell of  alot to his game (despite his inconsistencies) than O hare so far. 

This is kind of where I'm coming from.

I don't mean to pick on @KSV as I've seen other people say it. And maybe KSV and others have seen a lot of youth games and know what O'Hare can do.

Personally I think Onomah has more potential. That's due to him actually putting in SOME very good performances for us. Some of his performances have been absolute dog shit too, but it would suggest to me that if he coudl add consistency to his game, he'd be a pretty good player.

All I've seen from O'Hare is a couple of sub appearances and a cup game where he did look good in very small flashes.

Now I'm happy to admit that I haven't seen O'Hare play very much at all, so if he DOES have more potential, I can understand that point of view and I'm assuming it will become apparent when he gets more game time for us.

I'm just surprised so many people have seen enough of him to come to this conclusion.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

This is kind of where I'm coming from.

I don't mean to pick on @KSV as I've seen other people say it. And maybe KSV and others have seen a lot of youth games and know what O'Hare can do.

Personally I think Onomah has more potential. That's due to him actually putting in SOME very good performances for us. Some of his performances have been absolute dog shit too, but it would suggest to me that if he coudl add consistency to his game, he'd be a pretty good player.

All I've seen from O'Hare is a couple of sub appearances and a cup game where he did look good in very small flashes.

Now I'm happy to admit that I haven't seen O'Hare play very much at all, so if he DOES have more potential, I can understand that point of view and I'm assuming it will become apparent when he gets more game time for us.

I'm just surprised so many people have seen enough of him to come to this conclusion.

I think it's possibly seeing more drive to succeed at Villa, more consistent willingness on the pitch to get stuck in and more general spark and liveliness. The sort of intangibles you can count upon rather than hoping the good Onomah turns up.

Â