Glenn Whelan

Jareth

51 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I have no issues with Whelen missing the penalty, it happens. But what is a disgrace is that he was the only one to have the balls to step up and have a go. Doesn't put the likes of Bolaise, and particularly Grealish in very good light at all. Attacking players should be taking the responsibility especially one who comes in as a £70k a week player or another who is supposed to be the local boy, big star talisman. Worrying.

We don't know the full story, but that would be worrying it true. I did see one player try to get the ball, but ultimately Whelan ended up with it. 

I honestly thought Whelan would be a good choice for the pen. He did exactly what we wanted in that situation. He stepped up and calmly took the penalty. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't perfect. Big credit to the keeper. 

When Adomah took the penalty in the cup match, that was dreadful. I imagine we could have seen something like that from another player. 

Glenn Whelan: a footballer of very little talent. Just a hard working, one paced, pedestrian clogger.

A footballer as plain as water; as boring as they come. 

If there was to be a poster boy for us under Bruce then Whelan would be it. He’s the epitome of the Steve Bruce footballing philosophy. 

What an irony that he was the man whose missed penalty put the final nail in the coffin. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

We don't know the full story, but that would be worrying it true. I did see one player try to get the ball, but ultimately Whelan ended up with it. 

You would have fully expected Bolasie or Grealish to be stepping up.

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I honestly thought Whelan would be a good choice for the pen. He did exactly what we wanted in that situation. He stepped up and calmly took the penalty. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't perfect. Big credit to the keeper

When Adomah took the penalty in the cup match, that was dreadful. I imagine we could have seen something like that from another player. 

Sorry, but it really was a bad penalty, no speed and easy for the keeper to get to without having to do much.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't perfect. Big credit to the keeper. 

?. It was a terrible penalty. Perfect height and speed for a keeper to save it and it looked clear to me from his run up which side he was going to put it. 

• Like 1

didn't even get the ball in his instep.....just tried to pass it in.

woeful.

I think for what was at stake, many players would have blasted down the middle.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â