Glenn Whelan

Jareth

Irish Iniesta yesterday

Too often Glenn Whelan though. Dont think ive seen someone try so hard since Frank Sinclair or Richard Dunne to score own goals. Nearly had 2 in a minute against Cardiff the other night, scored one earlier this season, assisted a fair few for the opposition too (Derby springs to mind). Calamitous too often for me, but well played yesterday old boy

• Like 2

The Cardiff game was awful and he felt like their 12th player at times, but yesterday it was the exact opposite. Credit where it's due. Well played Whelan.

Edited by osmark86

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think that’s remotely true to be honest. 

Me neither, either that Whelan and Onomah didn't dominate, or that we were 'totally overran for most of the second half in midfield'. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

He has started doing what I saw from him earlier in the season again, what I got excited about in pre season...he is passing the ball the ball forward and with purpose, firing it into people. Maybe we are a better team now so he has more options on, or maybe he was just playing like shit.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Horses for Courses.

But what he does best......I like him.

Agreed, i think the reason he comes in for stick is because he doesn't do anything spectacular. He rarely wastes possession, but when he does it seems like a bigger deal because the 'spectacular' is missing from his game to balance it. He just quietly goes about his business.

At this level he's an excellent player, in the Premier League however i don't think he'd cut it any longer, if we go up maybe we can sell him back to Stoke.

• Like 1

I saw someone make a post on Facebook saying his child had either a heart transplant or open heart surgery a few months ago and we heard nothing about it or form him?

If true, he deserves a shed load of credit for keeping his head down, could it have affected his form?

*Can't find anything online about it so not sure how true it is.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

He has had far more woeful games than good for us, so bench him when the important games come please

He really hasn’t. He’s had a couple of bad games, yes, but has been an integral part of a winning side.

• Like 2

Â