Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Farcical he is guaranteed starter

I must admit, i have mixed feelings about him......lacks conviction for me, too tentative.

maybe he was ok at Hull.....i just don't see us getting promotion, with players like him.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I must admit, i have mixed feelings about him......lacks conviction for me, too tentative.

maybe he was ok at Hull.....i just don't see us getting promotion, with players like him.

Certianly not as a winger. It is ludicrous that we're still playing him there. At RB he's fine—he can cross for a start, which is something Hutton can't do.

Can’t tell you how mad it drives me to see this guy as one of our main attacking players. He started there last season and Bruce nearly got the sack it was so terrible. Snoddy came in and low and behold we started to look like a football team. It blows my mind that he would start the season again doing the same thing. Given the options we now have it is even more mental. Either Bruce has completely lost his mind or I have. Genuinely not sure which is true at the moment. 

What annoys me the most with this bloke is his natural position is a RB ok no problem , so why then does he seems to go missing for most of the second half in games offering very little help to the poor bloke playing RB behind him, you'd think as a natural defender he'd no how important it is to offer support when the opposition are attacking. It's like Tom Cleverley all over again under Lambert.

32 minutes ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

What annoys me the most with this bloke is his natural position is a RB ok no problem , so why then does he seems to go missing for most of the second half in games offering very little help to the poor bloke playing RB behind him, you'd think as a natural defender he'd no how important it is to offer support when the opposition are attacking. It's like Tom Cleverley all over again under Lambert.

The truth is, he is not a right back, and at this level he is no longer a right winger. He's just someone who can be relied upon to "do a job", and that is why he is in the team. Also, he is a target for goal kicks.

• Like 1

He was pretty good at right back last season. He was very reliable. With our wing options, Elmo should be at the bottom of that list, and only player if we need a more defensive approach late game, or everyone else is hurt.

Elmo should be the first choice right back imo. 

That moment when Bruce screams at Elmo to find a pass and stop putting nothing balls into the channel. Have you not watched him for the past 7 years?

Still, he played well. He's not a right back but he does a job when you don't have to defend much. You know what you're gonna get.

Â