John Terry

Farlz

6 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

John Terry Stats:

14/15 - 49 Games, averaging 90 mins 

15/16 - 33 Games, averaging 82 mins

16/17 - 15 Games, averaging 60 minutes

Anyone notice a trend?

Wasn't down to injuries though? Realistically Terry should have left Chelsea last year but he was happy to stay as a squad player and Conte was more than happy to have him. 

19 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Hutton Terry Chester Taylor 

That's as good a defensive partnership in the league as there is. De Laet, Baker, Bree and also Jedi to provide back-up with the kids. Happy with that! 

Time for Amavi, Cissoko, Richards and Elphick to go. 

Don't forget De Laet & Bree.

Without being ghey, if you look at his instagram page, he's in great shape. I don't think age will be a problem. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Without being ghey, if you look at his instagram page, he's in great shape. I don't think age will be a problem. 

Equally without being ghey, his tan is on-point and he has great hair

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Toni Terry is a hottie - he needs to keep in shape ;)

21 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Also not being gay but I'd love to bum him.

I'd like to watch you bum JT

• Like 3

i'm not yet convinced, not that it should matter to us fans, but its a lot of money for a 36 yr old, say, he plays well and gets us promoted this season, he will be off to another club as he wont want to face Chelsea, yet, say we don't go up, does that mean he signs the contract extension so we end up having a 38 yr old in defence? and therefore keep yet another promising youngster out of the side (villa is good at doing this) wouldn't it be more suitable to find someone younger for a more long term plan?

a while back when there was rumours of him going to small heath, majority of villa fans were mocking him and saying he should go and glad he wasn't coming here, and now all villa fans and small heatheans have changed your tune.

brummies are so fickle.

6 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

i'm not yet convinced, not that it should matter to us fans, but its a lot of money for a 36 yr old...

It is a risk but if he leads us to promotion it is well worth it. If not, then its one year of wages we are committed to, and its not as if we are short of cash (or so it seems)

I see your concerns but for me its a valid risk :)

6 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

i'm not yet convinced, not that it should matter to us fans, but its a lot of money for a 36 yr old, say, he plays well and gets us promoted this season, he will be off to another club as he wont want to face Chelsea, yet, say we don't go up, does that mean he signs the contract extension so we end up having a 38 yr old in defence? and therefore keep yet another promising youngster out of the side (villa is good at doing this) wouldn't it be more suitable to find someone younger for a more long term plan?

a while back when there was rumours of him going to small heath, majority of villa fans were mocking him and saying he should go and glad he wasn't coming here, and now all villa fans and small heatheans have changed your tune.

brummies are so fickle.

We're not fickle. We just don't like SHA.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

John Terry Stats:

Anyone notice a trend?

What a convincing argument.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

John Terry Stats:

Anyone notice a trend?

The number before the "/" disappears and the number after the "/" moves along to the left and takes it's place. And then that number disappears.

It's happening every time.

• Like 1

I noticed a few on here said if we signed him they would boycott Villa.  It's not a stance I understand, I support the club not the player but they are entitled to their opinion and actions

I wonder however if the club will see an increase in season tickets following this, it's been played up 8n the press as a major coup and everything surrounding it seems very positive. 

I still have my doubts about if he will be fit enough to still compete but we will see if pure ability still shines through. 

I saw my office team with several ringers,  all pretty good quality* young fit Sunday league players get a total pasting by the Villa Old Stars with Ian Olney being the youngest by a country mile so up to a level it will always tell. 

*Good quality for Sunday league of course! 

Â