John Terry

Farlz

3 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Looking forward to seeing him lift the Championship trophy in full kit after being substituted off on 26 min, in the final game. 

Fixed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yes all interviews are rehearsed and written for them, but it was a good interview and hopefully he'll be able to achieve his goals.

He will if hourihane's corners are on the money. :)

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Just got his biography on kindle - was surprised to see he and his dad and grandad were big united fans until he signed for Chelsea at 14 .

Delighted he is now a villa player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Just got his biography on kindle - was surprised to see he and his dad and grandad were big united fans until he signed for Chelsea at 14 .

Delighted he is now a villa player. 

Fickle word removed. I don't want him anywhere near the club now! 

Could be a great signing but only time will tell. I just hope he can stay fit, show us how good he really is and kick the rest of the team up the backside. This could prove to be a massive signing for us and I'm a little excited to be honest. He may well be an idiot off the pitch at times and a little old. However, I still think and hope he can drive us towards promotion...

39 minutes ago, Godders said:

So... You'd rather we bet our chances of getting out of this division on no experience?

No, I'd rather get players and managers in their prime, not way past their sell by date.

2 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

No, I'd rather get players and managers in their prime, not way past their sell by date.

To be fair, none of us know whether or not he is past his "sell buy date" for the Championship. Just because he didn't get too many games for the English champions it doesn't mean that he will be too old to perform when he gets game time at Villa. I doubt he will play many, but Im sure he will be a big, positive influence when he does. We just need better players around him to help us kick on.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Godders said:

Fickle word removed. I don't want him anywhere near the club now! 

Interesting that Kendrick says there's a further 12 month option after the season ends. 

43 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I can't say how happy I am of Terry coming over. Watching his interviews, I know they're rehearsed, but the story makes sense. He'll be awesome for us.

As a pose to all the other genuine signings we have made where "there was only one place I wanted to go when I heard Aston Villa were interested".

Welcome JT.

For me this is about what he brings to the squad as much as anything else.

I believe a big reason we haven't seen a lot of our 'youth' players 'make it' is because of the extremely poor squads we've had for the past 5+ years. 

The youth players need to be around top quality senior players to progress.. its like any other job - its who you learn your trade from..

If you're a youth player at Barcelona watching and learning from the likes of Messi, suarez, Iniesta etc.etc. do you think you have a better chance of turning out a top player than if you were training at bodymoor heath picking up tips from Gabby/Richards/Bacuna etc....

The players need some quality around them to learn from , and this signing might just do that. Maybe just for the defence; but I reckon some of that winning mentality and general football intelligence will undoubtedly rub off on other members of the squad. 

It's not all about what he might do on the pitch himself - if it lifts the squad performance all season by 10% then its worth it, even if he doesn't play a minute on the field..

• Like 3

Â