John Terry

Farlz

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have we sold all the players under 25 - 29 as well as the youth team?

What have I missed?

I'm assuming the "proven old farts" have been brought in to mentor the young squad we already have, as well as instill calm and a winning mentality.

Stop being so dramatic.

Here's my prediction:

terry has a decent start his first 3-4 games. About game 5 or 6 he gets found out and he realizes that the pace of the game is much quicker and you have less time on the ball. The youngsters are starting to zip past him and he gets a mystery injury around game 10 that will keep him out for 8-10 games. Form is no better than last year i.e. a goal a game at best, and Bruce is gone in November.

Happy to be proven wrong.

This is a brilliant signing. Legend of a player, even if he's lost his legs a bit. Supreme defender, will teach the kids a thing or two about defending, will teach them ALL a thing or two about winning and GETTING PUMPED for a game and above all it's made SHA fans really sad.

I've been crying out for a nasty piece of shit at this club.

3 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I didn't say that though, I said if we got promoted we'd be in a position of hoping a by then nearly 38 year old JT would be up to playing a season in the Prem, which doesn't fill me with much confidence. Difference of opinions is all I guess :)

Two years ago Andrea Pirlo was 36. I think a lot of us would have had him in our Premier League midfield in 2015.

12 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Here's my prediction:

terry has a decent start his first 3-4 games. About game 5 or 6 he gets found out and he realizes that the pace of the game is much quicker and you have less time on the ball. The youngsters are starting to zip past him and he gets a mystery injury around game 10 that will keep him out for 8-10 games. Form is no better than last year i.e. a goal a game at best, and Bruce is gone in November.

Happy to be proven wrong.

So the championship is a quicker pace than the PL and the Champions League, in which he's played many times?

You believe what you want mate, I'm buzzing!

• Like 3

Hutton Terry Chester Taylor 

That's as good a defensive partnership in the league as there is. De Laet, Baker, Bree and also Jedi to provide back-up with the kids. Happy with that! 

Time for Amavi, Cissoko, Richards and Elphick to go. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Here's my prediction:

terry has a decent start his first 3-4 games. About game 5 or 6 he gets found out and he realizes that the pace of the game is much quicker and you have less time on the ball.

The idea that the championship is faster/more physical than the premier league is just a myth. 

• Like 2

In the press conference, i see the same steely determination to win and the cocky confidence, i seen when we signed Andy Gray......despite the age difference.

when its in ya......its in ya.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If he was after a pay day and an easy life he'd have gone to the far east or MLS. There would be no shortage of takers and he'd probably be paid double at least what he's getting here.

Playing a 46 game season in the Championship isn't an easy payday

Yep. The Villa offer was probably one of the worst paid! 

He's come here because of the stature of the club and the challenge. 

• Like 2

Just now, USA_Villa said:

John Terry Stats:

14/15 - 49 Games, averaging 90 mins 

15/16 - 33 Games, averaging 82 mins

16/17 - 15 Games, averaging 60 minutes

Anyone notice a trend?

I was first to call man buns...

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Interesting that Kendrick says there's a further 12 month option after the season ends. 

I never said such a thing. You lie sir!!

Edited by stewiek2

Â