John Terry

Farlz

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well many years ago I married the wife of a work colleague who I had previously played football with and was also a mate of.

I guess that makes me a shit. 

No it doesn't make you a shit as you say - no one can comment without knowing your circumstances. 

But...dude.....your username..... :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

No it doesn't make you a shit as you say - no one can comment without knowing your circumstances. 

But...dude.....your username..... :D

Ha ha that came from when I started work in 1979 straight from school with a HUGE perm..... the first weekend I was there I played for the office side and one of the bosses said I was like Tarantini... the Argentinian Blues had signed .... and within ten minutes it had become Terrytini, and it stuck throughout my illustrious career ! Them knowing I hated it as a Villa fan just added to it.

Tbh it's been so long since I explained it I'd sort of forgotten that until you said.

Maybe we should have a 'username origins' thread ?

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I suppose it would be futile to point out that Vanessa Perroncel never actually was Wayne Bridge's "wife"? (In the sense that they weren't married.)

Or that she had split up with Bridge when the alleged incident happened?

Or that she consistently denied that anything did happen between her and Terry and that 2 Sunday papers subsequently published apologies for printing stories that were untrue?

Nah, that sounds absurd. Keep swallowing the tab stories, chaps.

Thats exactly what I meant of not believing stories we see printed....or more to it than meets the eye.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I mean, Motaloo ?

Something to do with you, John Motson, and a Portaloo ?

Ok....first of all, funny and original story about your name :D

As for mine, well its a sort of mis spelt  punjabi/hindi version of muttah aloo, meaning fat potato. A name fondly given to me by a sikh mate of mine due to my heavyset build 

So now you know :)....no motty or toilet references I'm afraid !

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well many years ago I married the wife of a work colleague who I had previously played football with and was also a mate of.

Although anyone knowing the facts wouldn't see it that way. (As indeed he himself doesn't) - and I'm a very thoughtful, peaceful, considerate, loving man.

So am I defined by my opening sentence, or by my third sentence ?

And my lad was given a warning by his school for racist behaviour when he was 14. So he's a racist AND  shit  too.

Mind you, the warning was because he'd been doing the Basil Fawlty / Germans funny walk and a young teacher - who later said she had never heard of Fawlty Towers - thought it offensive. 

And he is 24 and that's the only bother he's ever had in his life. Doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, in a long term relationship, good to his Dad.

So is he defined by my first sentence about him, or the following ones ?

Sooooo easy to hear a note or two and compose a symphony.

Guessing the name is no coincidence.

Just come clean John! ;)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats exactly what I meant of not believing stories we see printed....or more to it than meets the eye.

So did anything happen? 

Did you defend him like this when the story first broke years ago? Or is it because he's joining villa?

40 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Although anyone knowing the facts wouldn't see it that way. (As indeed he himself doesn't) - and I'm a very thoughtful, peaceful, considerate, loving man.

And my lad was given a warning by his school for racist behaviour when he was 14. So he's a racist AND  shit  too.

Mind you, the warning was because he'd been doing the Basil Fawlty / Germans funny walk and a young teacher - who later said she had never heard of Fawlty Towers - thought it offensive. 

And he is 24 and that's the only bother he's ever had in his life. Doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, in a long term relationship, good to his Dad.

Wow. 

I cannot believe the length some are going to in order to defend pretty disgusting actions. 

Did you cheat on your wife? If not it's nothing like what Terry did. 

It also sounds like the incident with your son is nothing like what Terry did. 

As you brought him up, quick question as a father. 

How would you feel if your son was fined by his employer for mocking people while drunk? And then how would you feel if later on in life he cheated on his wife? And then even later he was found guilty of using racist language at work and demoted because of it? 

As a father, would you have no issues with your son acting in such a manner? 

20 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Ok....first of all, funny and original story about your name :D

As for mine, well its a sort of mis spelt  punjabi/hindi version of muttah aloo, meaning fat potato. A name fondly given to me by a sikh mate of mine due to my heavyset build 

So now you know :)....no motty or toilet references I'm afraid !

Potato Head !

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So did anything happen? 

Did you defend him like this when the story first broke years ago? Or is it because he's joining villa?

No, when the story broke i just ignored it.....because in the main, it happens all the time in those circles.....not saying its right, its just life.

but as I have said....it takes 2 to tango.

Wayne Bridge himself don't hang about, so he could be as bad.

.PS ....wasn't there some shenanigans with Liam Ridgewell and Ashley young on the marital front?

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I'm not and haven't once tried to defend his actions.

Im simply saying a few snippets of information isn't enough to judge someone ( in my view) - and certainly - again in my view - nowhere near enough is known about Terry or anyone else for me to be confident describing them as a shit..... leaving aside the fact that describing another human being in that way because of how THEY treat people doesn't add up for me.

And in turn I hope that answers your question .... I would want to know much more than just the brief information you have mentioned - as would any parent or friend.

Then, only then, would I judge them- and even then I'd have to take account of the rest of their behaviour and character.

Ive got 4 kids. Between them and their partners over the years there's been plenty happen from which people could create either a heart warming narrative, or a less pleasant one.

I don't think anyone applauds bad behaviour.....but there's a big difference between doing some bad things and being a bad person, and I would always be reluctant to condemn the character if ANYONE, and certainly someone I don't really know.

YES in 'football speak' he can be cast as a villain. A player opposing fans love to hate.

And he MAY be a villain in real life.

But he may not, that's all.

Fair enough, I've got the wrong end of the stick and thought you were defending what he's done in the past. 

You make a lot of good points there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

.....and your names Terry ?!?!?! 

Just now, terrytini said:

Tell you what he'd better damn well sign after the effort we've all put into this thread!

Has there ever been so much said about a player we don't own !!

Do you know.......you have taken the thoughts right out of my head....:D

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Tell you what he'd better damn well sign after the effort we've all put into this thread!

Dale Stephens. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Benni McCarthy is surely in a league of his own for this? 

Â