John Terry

Farlz

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

I actually don't think that's too bad for a fan video.  He doesn't like John Terry - I think it's fair to say most of us didn't before he signed.

I've always loved him. Always. Forever.

• Haha 1

On 13/05/2018 at 11:57, Demitri_C said:

Get Jt to watch this, if he needs any further motivating

I bumped into these two at the back of the Holte End before the game tonight and had a chat with them - asked him about the Terry thing and he looked quite sheepish, more surprisingly, they were both thoroughly decent chaps who talked a bit to sense pre-match.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2018 at 09:41, LakotaDakota said:

Funny how opinions change, He had been mentioned briefly in a couple of previous transfer window threads but this is just after the story broke last year that he was on holiday playing golf with Bruce :

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16304-transfer-speculation-summer-2017/?page=78&tab=comments#comment-2232205

Edit: Not sure my post was relevant to this comment.

Edited by A'Villan

On 16/05/2018 at 09:41, LakotaDakota said:

Funny how opinions change, He had been mentioned briefly in a couple of previous transfer window threads but this is just after the story broke last year that he was on holiday playing golf with Bruce :

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16304-transfer-speculation-summer-2017/?page=78&tab=comments#comment-2232205

haha you can see we were burnt by previous situations. Credit to Bruce he brought in proper pro's. JT.. i take it all back. You have been magnificent for this club on and off the pitch. I just hope we get to see him lifting the trophy to cap the season off. 

I kind of want us to get promoted for him as much as anyone else. Turned down a lot of money to be here and make it happen. If he can lead us down the tunnel into the Premier League I’ll be very happy for him and what he’s achieved in a very short amount of time here in his late 30s. 

• Like 1

Seems fair.

John Terry could be allowed to miss games against Chelsea as part of a new contract if Aston Villa are promoted to the Premier League.

Villa face Fulham in the Championship play-off final on Saturday, with Terry in line for a possible £2million promotion bonus.

The centre-half will also have the option of extending his contract for another season in the top flight.

But Terry’s reluctancy to face Chelsea was evident when he dropped down a division after leaving the club last summer.

The Daily Telegraph and The Guardian say that Villa would be ‘prepared’ to allow Terry to miss games against his former club if he extends his deal.

Villa boss Steve Bruce spoke of his desire to keep the 37-year-old at the club earlier this week, stating: “I genuinely hope he triggers it. All those phone calls to him last summer, he hasn’t been disappointed with it. From the training ground, to the stadium, to the support, it has all the makings of a big club.

“He has been one of the great defenders of our country. He is a great leader of men, which we don’t produce many of any more. In a quiet way, he is not a ranter and a raver, he is not one who puts heads through doors. He hasn’t exceeded expectations, I just knew what he would give.

“I’m sure he will give it a good go if we get promoted and enjoy the challenge of it. We’ll not pick him against Chelsea if that’s he wants.”

http://www.football365.com/news/villa-consider-letting-terry-miss-chelsea-games-in-new-deal

The likes of Yorke had no problem being picked against us, kissing badges or celebrating against us. lol

Obviously I understand the sentiment.

But another part of me would be annoyed to have your Captain and "best" defender out against one of the best teams in the League for emotional reasons.?

What if we had Chelsea in the League or FA Cup final for instance?

Â