John Terry

Farlz

Mark Delaney works with our reserves sides - for all intents and purposes he's the manager on match days and he's the head coach during the week. Kevin MacDonald works with him and is passing on the experience he has as possibly the best youth coach in the country. Delaney seems to be soaking it all up and is doing very, very well. Job taken.

When Terry hangs up his boots, he'll be going straight into a position at Stamford Bridge.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mark Delaney works with our reserves sides - for all intents and purposes he's the manager on match days and he's the head coach during the week. Kevin MacDonald works with him and is passing on the experience he has as possibly the best youth coach in the country. Delaney seems to be soaking it all up and is doing very, very well. Job taken.

When Terry hangs up his boots, he'll be going straight into a position at Stamford Bridge.

On a side note its something that a lot of big European clubs do in getting ex-players onto the coaching staff an would like to see us do more often. nice to see Delaney doing well :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

On a side note its something that a lot of big European clubs do in getting ex-players onto the coaching staff an would like to see us do more often. nice to see Delaney doing well :)

Massively underrated player Delaney and always came across well. 

I had no idea he was at the club, yes this is good news. 

• Like 2

On 06/05/2018 at 14:01, OutByEaster? said:

Might be a stupid question but I've always wondered if this is the MArk Delaney who used to play for us?

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Think you pretty much indirectly answered my above question.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Extremely good right back for us and doing a great job as a coach .

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If you'd told me this time last year that I'd be watching a 20 minute interview with John Terry and thinking "I bloody love that bloke" I'd have called you crazy

Yep.

I was so so so wrong when we signed him. 

• Like 1

His head has been turned. 

Should have come here years ago. 

He's realised what we've all known for decades. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Man, that vid made me so excited for the upcoming playoffs !!!!!

Thou shall not pass. THOU SHALL NOT PASS. 

Edited by sidcow

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/05/10/the-big-interview-john-terry-on-aston-villa

Good read for those Friday morning work dossers like myself.

Off topic player-wise, but i've seen Snodgrass get quite a few good mentions from players and manager over the past few months. Seems like he is key player in the dressing room.

Edited by villanmac

What a guy :wub:

That Interview is awesome, I don't think I've ever changed my opinion so much, in such a short space of time, on someone.

The way he talks about the away support too, you can sense that he genuinely is impressed and spurred on by it.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Man, that vid made me so excited for the upcoming playoffs !!!!!

Yup, he's got the bug hasn't he?

As a winner and competitor at the top for a while, it must have slightly hurt to lose importance at Chelsea.

Feeling important, wanted and revered here will surely have gotten to him.

As well as us being Aston Villa of course.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â