Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Lukaku joined Chelsea in August 2011 which would mean Villas-Boas bought him, or it was lined up by the club and Ancelotti before he was sacked in June.  He was sold in 2014 so Mourinho did sell him.

Maybe not Man Utd, then...

Just now, bobzy said:

Maybe not Man Utd, then...

I just read an Indo article that says United have been given a "he's close to Chelsea" response, so they have enquired but he wants to go back and emulate Drogba.  Good luck with that you flat track bully.  I really hope he costs Chelsea £100m.  They're hoping to get it down closer to £80m :crylaugh:

I think Man Utd will go after Alvaro Morata before Romelu Lukaku. Morata has not really ever scored lots of goals, but he is only 24 years old and needs to play every game where he is the focal striker. Better ability on the ball, better technique and a great header of the ball. Could develop into something special, but the jury's out I guess...

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Lukaku joined Chelsea in August 2011 which would mean Villas-Boas bought him, or it was lined up by the club and Ancelotti before he was sacked in June.  He was sold in 2014 so Mourinho did sell him.

Mourinho seemed to go cold on him after that missed penalty in the Super cup against I think Bayern Munich.

I could see him at Man. United and as said before he would score a lot of goals there but just unconvinced how well he'd do in tight away games in the league and CL. He was anonymous for Everton at Liverpool for example so how would he do in games where Man. United just give up the ball and have 40% possession?

Mourinho does have an odd relationship with some players. I see Man. United have been linked with Matic if Chelsea get in another CM. Just before Mourinho got sacked by Chelsea didn't he bring Matic on for 10 minutes, they conceded, he took Matic off and then said after the game it was one of the worst cameos he'd ever seen. Can't say that's a manager I'd be in a hurry to rejoin if I was a player but guess the magic money tree helps!

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting, is Luciene Favre still favourite for that job? He got decent form out of Mario this season.

Nah, they've just appointed the AJAX manager Peter Bosz 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

the same guy who didnt look worth 8 million for us :o

I thought he looked a class above playing for us, always looking to move the ball, take a free kick quickly, demanding the ball. All the while our team was standing around picking their arses.

35m is excessive though. We really should have saw the TV deal would have inflated prices and started speculating to accumulate. No reason, no reason at all why we couldn't have signed the likes of Bertrand and Virgil Van Dyke.

Davies signs for Derby

Curtis Davies has signed for Derby County according to the live news feed on the BBC and DCFC website.

Defender Curtis Davies has today become Derby County’s first signing of the close-season.

The centre-back, 32, has joined the Rams from fellow 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship rivals Hull City for an undisclosed fee.

The former England Under-21 international has put pen-to-paper on a two-year contract, with the option of a third.

Davies is Gary Rowett’s first signing since his appointment as manager in March and further strengthens the defensive options available to the 43-year-old ahead of the 2017/18 campaign.

The defender also brings vast experience and know-how with him to Pride Park Stadium.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/davies-becomes-derbys-first-summer-signing-3729425.aspx#5CMHsSYipKzFhtgQ.99
Edited by NeilS

kolasnic - arsenal

enes unal - villarreal (didnt kick a ball for city, £10m profit)

benatia, rodrigo bentacur - juve (FM wonderkid)

mahmoud dahoud, omer toprak, dan axel zagadou - dortmund

sule, rudy - bayern

john brooks - wolfsburg

selke - hertha

fazio, juan jesus - roma

mussachio - milan

dominic solanke - apparently signed for liverpool, got a lot of potential, new sturridge?

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

the Liverpool transfer policy really is embarrassing at this stage. Southampton are making a killing off them

And, yet, Liverpool are playing in the Champions League next season and finished 30 points ahead of Southampton.

I think they're OK with their "embarrassing" transfer policy ;)