Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

Just now, BOF said:

Rumours of Everton bidding £65m for van Dijk.  That's gone down well on the red side of 'plop.

I imagine Everton are going through the correct channels with their bid and Soton will deal with them just to spite the underhand tactics of liverplop. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Rumours of Everton bidding £65m for van Dijk.  That's gone down well on the red side of 'plop.

£65m?

goodfellas-laughing.gif

• Like 2

14 hours ago, villaglint said:

Genuinely wondering how much I'm worth in the transfer market. Probably pay off the mortgage with a decent agent. 

Only really play 6 a side these days but can't see that mattering. 

I'd say in todays market you're worth about £9m. I hear Everton are interested. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd say in todays market you're worth about £9m. I hear Everton are interested. 

It's always flattering to be linked with a side of great stature like Everton. At the moment I'll keep calm and leave all that to other people. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

It's quite absurd how inflated the transfer market has got in the last few years. I guess that's down to the TV deals.

Personally I think it's what FFP was always going to do, the owners who wanted to play the game and still pump money in like city's inflated the sponsorship market to pay the bills, the likes of Utd (don't forget it was their brain fart) turn to all their sponsors and say we're a bigger club than city our rates are going to be higher, without city's £40m shirt deal I don't think utds £50m one exists

its created more money in football, you can argue that it's controlled better but it's still flooded the game with cash

its the biggest downfall of the whole system, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Bayern etc are still the biggest teams, anything anyone beneath them achieves financially just moves the bar and I personally think it's exponential

man Utds shirt alone has a £75m per year adidas deal, a £50m a year Chevrolet deal and soon to be a £15m a year sleeve sponsor deal, that's lukaku on a 5 year deal paid for

• Like 1

City have attracted better players than United though and are much more likely to win the champions league or Premier League next season imo

Edited by PaulC

On 08/07/2017 at 13:16, Mantis said:

It's quite absurd how inflated the transfer market has got in the last few years. I guess that's down to the TV deals.

You have to question the sanity of people like Dr Tony for wanting to get into this industry at this point it time.