Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, striker said:

Sigurdsson is an excellent goal scoring midfielder who can also create and he has done his consistently in the Premiership over several seasons. Is he worth 50m? Nope but he will certainly not be a waste of a transfer fee.

I understand what you mean, he will slot in, score goals, create goals, and be a good player for Everton. But £50m would make him like the 6th most expensive player in the history of football. 

15 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Douglas Costa to Juventus on a year loan with an option to buy at 40million. 

6 hours ago, DK82 said:

Everton linked with Sigurdsson for 50m... football can die now.

Sums up what inflated prices there are in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is a good player but Douglas Costa is better.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I understand what you mean, he will slot in, score goals, create goals, and be a good player for Everton. But £50m would make him like the 6th most expensive player in the history of football. 

He's "worth" £50m to Swansea, though, and has basically just about reached the start of "the peak" of his game.

Plus he's a **** class footballer.

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Sums up what inflated prices there are in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is a good player but Douglas Costa is better.

I Dont know if this is just due to Premier League or due to it being a very good player going from and too clubs that are unlikely to find another player anyway near as good. Can you name a players who would be as influential as Sigy who would go to Everton for Less?

33 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I'd rather have Sigurdsson at Villa than Douglas Costa.

Just now, bobzy said:

I know, right?  One guy is Brazilian and everything.  But yeah, Sigurdsson is class.

Dunno, Sig is good but he's no where near the level Costa.

Every time I've seen Costa play he's looked excellent. There's a reason why one of them is playing for 2 of the best teams in the world, and the other is at Swansea ;) 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Dunno, Sig is good but he's no where near the level Costa.

Every time I've seen Costa play he's looked excellent. There's a reason why one of them is playing for 2 of the best teams in the world, and the other is at Swansea ;) 

Douglas Costa 2016/17 - 23 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists

Gylfi Sigurdsson 2016/17 - 38 appearances, 9 goals, 13 assists

There's a reason why one player is being offloaded on loan having not played much, and the other is the subject of speculation around a £50m move ;)

Just now, bobzy said:

Douglas Costa 2016/17 - 23 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists

Gylfi Sigurdsson 2016/17 - 38 appearances, 9 goals, 13 assists

There's a reason why one player is being offloaded on loan having not played much, and the other is the subject of speculation around a £50m move ;)

Being "offloaded" on loan to the team that were runners up in the Champions League :lol: 

You think Sigurdsson would get game time at Bayern or Juventus? Couldn't even get in the Spurs team. 

Come on now... 

• Like 2

Just now, PieFacE said:

Being "offloaded" on loan to the team that were runners up in the Champions League :lol: 

You think Sigurdsson would get game time at Bayern or Juventus? Couldn't even get in the Spurs team. 

Come on now... 

You're talking about the past (what, 4 years ago?) - I'm talking about now.

Maybe Douglas Costa will have a stormer for Juventus.

I just know which player I'd rather have at Villa, that's all.

55 minutes ago, zak said:

I Dont know if this is just due to Premier League or due to it being a very good player going from and too clubs that are unlikely to find another player anyway near as good. Can you name a players who would be as influential as Sigy who would go to Everton for Less?

Now I wonder what Lars Stindl would cost? I don't know though.

1 hour ago, zak said:

that would go to everton? no probably not

influential as him or a better player than him? probably a fair few

i personally cant see how anyone could justify that move, like i said thats more than draxler, its more than arsenal have bid for lemar and goretzka

Fwiw, I like Sigurdsson. My issue is not with his ability (wanted him here a few years back) but the price. One reason I loved Football Manager was the way I could find bargains, I like that. Now in real life, an average player costs 10m+, a good player 25m+ and a very good player 50m+

I don't like or enjoy that when there are people living in poverty.