Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

I have barely watched any football other than our games since we were relegated either. I used to watch pretty much any game that was on Sky. For me part of this was due to Villa being relegated and the other part due to the money overload. 

We have been on this road for a while now but some of the prices being banded about for players is ludicrous... 50 mil for Sigurdsson, 180 million for Mbappe even Lukaku at 75 million + is mental.. There are many more examples.

More time then not now i look at transfers and think well overpriced. 2/3 good performances and prices sky rocket. 

Where does it stop? How does it stop? It cant go on forever.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

The amount of money in football is a huge turn off for me now. I mean, football has always been very well paid in the 'Sky era' but the last couple of years it has gone insane. Especially when you compare it to the economic situation for most regular people - pay freezes, the salary cap, behind inflation rises. Most people are worse off than a few years ago. Footballers have probably quadrupled their wages in that time. I don't blame them, I'd be making hay while the sun brightly shone as well, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, especially as the product on offer, IMO, is far weaker than it was 10 years ago. 

I blame it all on Jimmy Hill. Bring back the maximum wage. 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think there will come a time ( it already has for me ) when more and more people will turn off. It will likely be a gradual process though so hopefully clubs will cut their cloth accordingly the more the TV deal dwindles. That is what I hope anyways but this is just utter shit now.

It's starting to happen now simply due to people consuming TV viewing differently to 5 years ago.

Trouble is even if the British rights stall overseas TV rights will continue to rise so PL will still get their big payday that way.

Back on topic

Arnautovic handed in a transfer request at Stoke with the lack of ambition line being trotted out.

Frustrating player but can see some top half teams being interested in him.

Long hard season ahead for Stoke. Very uninspiring squad there.

On 10/07/2017 at 19:27, Xela said:

The amount of money in football is a huge turn off for me now. I mean, football has always been very well paid in the 'Sky era' but the last couple of years it has gone insane. Especially when you compare it to the economic situation for most regular people - pay freezes, the salary cap, behind inflation rises. Most people are worse off than a few years ago. Footballers have probably quadrupled their wages in that time. I don't blame them, I'd be making hay while the sun brightly shone as well, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, especially as the product on offer, IMO, is far weaker than it was 10 years ago. 

This is the biggest turn off for me. Povery up but riches in football up and I bet a majority of those who watch are the ones in poverty. 

Sigurdsson is an excellent goal scoring midfielder who can also create and he has done his consistently in the Premiership over several seasons. Is he worth 50m? Nope but he will certainly not be a waste of a transfer fee.

• Like 2

the belief that prem ready is so advantageous that the fees are getting this inflated is just another example of the league believing its own hype

world cup winner draxler to mega rich PSG for £40m, sigurdson for £10m more? madness

are everton seriously saying they cant find someone better for cheaper, or are they not even looking?

• Like 2