Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

On 7/4/2017 at 19:50, Zatman said:

I think Rooney has got lazy and complacent in recent seasons, a change of scenery for once could actually be a good thing

Completely disagree. He's done. His legs have gone, his head and his heart haven't been in it for a good while.

It's a terrible signing for Everton if they are serious about being competitive.

Replacing a striker who is (a) approaching his prime (b) scored 25 goals last season and (c) seems to only want to improve and looks like he will with Rooney & Giroud? Jesus wept. I think it's a disastrous plan.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Completely disagree. He's done. His legs have gone, his head and his heart haven't been in it for a good while.

It's a terrible signing for Everton if they are serious about being competitive.

Replacing a striker who is (a) approaching his prime (b) scored 25 goals last season and (c) seems to only want to improve and looks like he will with Rooney & Giroud? Jesus wept. I think it's a disastrous plan.

Pretty much this and furthermore he will be going there to play and will expect nothing less. I wouldn't want to be tied to giving him games because I think physically he is completely gone. Can barely even shift his body around to control a football nowadays.

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I know Giroud is the but end of jokes etc but is he really that bad signing. This past season he has the best goals per minute ratio in the premier league. Fine he didnt play as many minutes as alot of the players he has beaten but you can only score when on the field. I also understand the argument that goal scoring is only one aspect of whats needed from a forward but it is obviously the most important one in most cases.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zak said:

I know Giroud is the but end of jokes etc but is he really that bad signing. This past season he has the best goals per minute ratio in the premier league. Fine he didnt play as many minutes as alot of the players he has beaten but you can only score when on the field. I also understand the argument that goal scoring is only one aspect of whats needed from a forward but it is obviously the most important one in most cases.

Agreed, I think some of the criticism he gets is unwarranted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zak said:

I didn't say he was a bad player. I think replacing Lukaku with a combo of him and Rooney is a shocking idea. 

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Plus he hasn't looked after himself. Rumours of his terrible diet and gatecrashing weddings drinking two bottles of red wine are confirmed by his physique. He's just a fat 30 year old now who can't do the things he used to be able to. 

Inheanacho of Man City to Leicester according to the BBC. I read transfers like this with sadness as it should be us dealing with these type of players.  We were in the mix not so long ago with Everton, Spurs and now Leicester :(.  Hope we get beck soon and do these type of deals again. 

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Plus he hasn't looked after himself. Rumours of his terrible diet and gatecrashing weddings drinking two bottles of red wine are confirmed by his physique. He's just a fat 30 year old now who can't do the things he used to be able to. 

Yes compare that with the professionalism of a player he was once the equal of Ronaldo

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Leicester signing some decent players, Man. City lad is probably Vardy's replacement, Maguire is a good defender and they also signed Iborra from Sevilla.

What are their ambitions now? Top half top 8?

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

£25m in this market doesn't seem that bad a deal tbf

assuming nolito goes too City are bare bones up front, sold una, they'll have aguero, Jesus and bony to pick from

They'll sign another player...probably Alexis Sanchez.

That's Aguero, Alexis, Jesus, Sterling, KDB, Sane and Bernardo Silva as options for the three forward positions. Slim pickings.

Edited by VillaChris

Just read Stoke and WBA are preparing 12m bids for D*lph.

Regardless of the individual, Man. City would be making 4m profit on a player who's appeared for them about 5 times in two years in premier league games.

It seems now if you play for Man. City or Chelsea 10m gets added to your fee for simply the "prestige" of representing them.

I wonder how much we could've flogged the likes of NRC and Sidwell for if they were on our books now. Probably about a million more than we got!

4 hours ago, villakram said:

Anita to Leeds on a free, good signing for them. It'd be nice if we woke up some or else we'll be stuck here for a while longer.

Anita is shocking. Not signing someone like Anita won't be what keeps us in the championship.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It seems now if you play for Man. City or Chelsea 10m gets added to your fee for simply the "prestige" of representing them.

That's always been the case. Man Utd.'s cast offs have been overvalued for years. Also as the £75m for Lakaku shows there's quite a bit of transfer fee inflation around at the moment.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just read Stoke and WBA are preparing 12m bids for D*lph.

Regardless of the individual, Man. City would be making 4m profit on a player who's appeared for them about 5 times in two years in premier league games.

I wonder how much we could've flogged the likes of NRC and Sidwell for if they were on our books now. Probably about a million more than we got!

and Delph has done financially well out of the moves even if his football has gone backwards. I know many don't like him because of what he did but I still think hes a very good footballer and will be a good signing for Stoke or West Brom

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

and Delph has done financially well out of the moves even if his football has gone backwards.

He has spent the past 2 years training with the likes of David Silva, Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany.  I doubt his football has gone backwards tbh, even if his first team appearances have been few and far between.