Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

Obviously, the league's prices are ridiculous. We all know that. But if Lukaku is worth 75m, the Sigurdsson probably is worth 50m. 

As I say, it's ridiculous. But Douglas Costa and Julian Draxler wouldn't move to Everton would they. 

• Like 1

aside from FM i still thought thats what the whole point of the scouting system, director of football, god knows how many employees the club pays to find them players including this money ball bollocks etc was

i could have told everton to buy sigurdson 

could i have found marco verratti when he was at pescara or goretzka when he was at bochum? its almost like theres so much money about they've stopped trying

wolves signing neves is looking better by the day, he'll be a £30-40m player in 2 years

39 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think it's technically a registration ban. He's being loaned to Las Palmas until January.

Yes, more likely lazy journalist.  Transfer ban.  Inability to transfer players, followed by transferring players.  Suggests it's not a transfer ban as you say.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Looks like they will waste most of the Lukaku money then 

If they spend £60m on Van Dyk they will! 

9 hours ago, Nigel said:

Interesting!

Was gutted when he left us for Arsenal...shows how fickle 'promise' is!

He was terrible in his loan spells....Barnsley and Oxford both sent him back early last two seasons. Looks like the big move and money went to his head and he stopped working.

Interesting he's another young Arsenal player to go abroad.In fact there's a fair few English players in the Dutch league last few seasons as Chelsea send plenty on loan to Vitesse.

• Like 1

That's now 3 Arsenal / England yoof players gone abroad

The next step is the England set up has to carry on watching them and picking them if they're playing well rather than near automatically selecting Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd etc players

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He was terrible in his loan spells....Barnsley and Oxford both sent him back early last two seasons. Looks like the big move and money went to his head and he stopped working.

Interesting he's another young Arsenal player to go abroad.In fact there's a fair few English players in the Dutch league last few seasons as Chelsea send plenty on loan to Vitesse.

Has got a shocking attiude by all accounts. I think it was Oxford who sent him back basically because they had enough of dealing with his shit.

• Like 1

Gutted to see Chalobah leave Chelsea to Watford and Loftus-Cheek leave on loan to Palace.  Type of players that I would have loved to see come here if we had stayed up :(.  We are falling further and further behind clubs like Watford, let alone Everton, who we used to challenge for sixth, seventh, eighth.   Hope we do it this coming season or we may just stay down for a while.  

57 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Gutted to see Chalobah leave Chelsea to Watford and Loftus-Cheek leave on loan to Palace.  Type of players that I would have loved to see come here if we had stayed up :(.  We are falling further and further behind clubs like Watford, let alone Everton, who we used to challenge for sixth, seventh, eighth.   Hope we do it this coming season or we may just stay down for a while.  

Loftus Cheek will probably start about 4 games this season, as Palace will not risk chucking the lad in and risk £100m  on a player they don't own. Will be interested to see how this kid gets on as apparently his attitude is not so great. I suspect 5 loans to here there and everywhere later he will be in the same position as Chalobah.

I really rated this guy after his first loan spell at Watford (seems like 20 years ago now) where he was settled, playing regularily and had a defined role. A new £35k contract and 5 awful loan moves later, it is now or never. Again, be interesting to see how he gets on now. I think he has missed too much development time on the pitch, in the same way (sort of) we are seeing with Gardner.

• Like 2

adil rami - marseille

semedo - barcelona

kameni - fenerbahce

sven bender - leverkusen

yuri berchiche - PSG (never heard of him, £16m move)

kenny tete - lyon

ceballos - real madrid

jeremy mathieu - sporting lisbon

corchia - sevilla

in the RB merry go round this summer it'll be interesting to see where semedo for £30m, corchia for £5m and tete for £3m rank, all 3 of them could end the season as their countries 1st choice RB

3 hours ago, sne said:

Bonucci to AC Milan !?!

Stand out signing of the summer for me that.

I did also chuckle at the price, 35m which is a relative bargain considering some of the extravagant premier league fees. Bonucci is one of the top defenders in world football after all.

This does feel a bit of a symbolic moment in Italian football, it's usually Juventus who pinch top players from rivals (Pjanic and Higuain). Don't know if Meelan can win the league this year but they're building a formidable team and Juve will have to rebuild their defence soon as Buffon might retire after the world cup and Barzagli and Chellini are in their 30s.

• Like 1

AC Milan going after Belotti now...thought for a while he's an obvious fit for them as bit of a gamble to have Andre Silva as number one striker.

Seria A going to be great next season...can see Roma dropping out of the mix and Meelan really challenging Juventus if they gel quickly.

34 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep, would have loved him here.

He's going to do great for them, can't believe he went there until I saw a 2 year contract and probably the monstrous wages (like their other signings who also rejected Premier League clubs).