Pre-match Thread

theboyangel

Well, after today's win against small heath and the opportunity of them being relegated, i'd pick a slightly more adventurous starting XI against blackburn

.............Johnstone

bree.chester.baker.taylor

........Lansbury.hourihane

adomah....kodjia....agbonlahor 

.................hogan

go for the win but if we lose so what!

I am probably like most, and have mixed emotions about this game.

We win, and that gives me that happy buzz that lasts for about 2 days until I start looking towards and thinking about the next game.

We lose, Blues get relegated, it gives me at least a season of chuckles at their cheap expense.

There must be something right with the world, to have a dilemma like this.

• Like 1

Play the kids. The only bad result here is a draw.

Any chance we could sign N'zogbia and Lescott until the end of the season for this one? 

Edited by Sam3773

Nope.  I want us to win.  Would still like us to finish as high as we can.

SHA can go down on the last day losing to Bristol with Blackburn winning at Brentford.  Final day relegations are much more satisfying (when it's not happening to you).

• Like 1

Now the season is effectively over I'd like to see us use this game for the benifit of next season.

if we are to try 442 next year then start it against these...god knows hogan needs the confidence and game time and kodge needs to learn to adapt else we are stuck with the same problems as this season.

The biggest gamble is what to do with Jedi? He simply can't play in the centre in a 2 but we need him on the pitch IMO, thus I'd love to see the experiment continued with him at the back with Chester.

Green has to start too! He stands as good a chance as any of our prospects and simply deserves these 2 games if fit.

get the whole team to move up the pitch and play simple in the opponents half and stick with it...what's the worst that could happen next weekend?

• Like 1

This game is set up nice now. Win and we probably send Blackburn down so that will make for an eventful day. Draw or lose and we contribute to Blackburn's fight for safety and could send the noses down. Win-win situation for us and I am really looking forward to it. :)

A Villa loss would mean that Blues would prob need to beat either Hudds at home or Bristol C away in order to stay up, having not won a game since February.

Hope we play a reserve team. Given that Boro are as good as relegated maybe they could loan us back the all stars for one game only! Guzan, Traore and Rudy would get the job done.

SJ

Hutton Richards Amavi

Bacuna                                Gaby

Gardner

Lyden            Grealish

Kozak Hogan

That should do it

Instructions - High backline - Drop deep when under pressure - Go long - Hutton & Amavi have licence to go beyond the Wingbacks - Gardner in the Mortimer role driving through midfield - wingbacks not to get too far up - Grealish licence to dribble & pose - Lyden to run bollox off - Hogan as target man - Kozaks presence and quick feet looking for flick-ons - Do everything possible to keep them a cleansheet.

• Like 2