Pre-match Thread

theboyangel

60730a95296b951c92d4375d45413782.png

Wanting us to lose to relegate the blues aside, I actually would like to see Bruce give some of the younger guys a chance. Lyden especially deserves a look since Jedinak might not have the legs for 40+ matches next season. 

Sadly I am at work this weekend, so won't be joining the massed ranks of fancy dress manifestations up there. So good luck and safe travels to you all that are attending. In my mind, I am 'on the beach' with this fixture and really don't care. So not fussed in the slightest if we get beat, unless it's like 4-0 and beyond. I don't want a smacked arse like that!!

Come on Huddersfield... and come on Bristol City... make it so...

18 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

SJ

Hutton Richards Amavi

Bacuna                                Gaby

Gardner

Lyden            Grealish

Kozak Hogan

That should do it

The bit in bold is enough on its own.

Take Saturday's disappointment out on Villa

Darragh Lenihan admitted he was hugely frustrated not to have taken all three points against Wolves on Saturday.

darragh-lenihan-1-4x3195-3687189_613x460

The Rovers defender made a welcome return to the starting eleven after a quick recovery from an ankle injury, and whilst he played his part in a strong display at the back, he was disappointed they weren't able to make the most of the opportunities that came their way in front of goal.

"It is obviously disappointing not to score," Lenihan told Rovers PlayerHD. "We dominated with possession but it was just that final touch we were missing today.

"We kept knocking on the door but to be fair Wolves defended well.

"It is extremely frustrating not to have taken the three points, we dominated for such long periods in the match, and when the other results came in they didn't go our way."

Lenihan came as close as anyone at Molineux in getting on the scoresheet with an early header that flashed just wide, but he has vowed to do his best in the final two games of the season to get the points that hopefully will lead to Championship survival.

"I just chanced my arm and just ran to the front post, but to be honest I'm a bit disappointed I should have probably hit the target," he added.

"We've two massive games left and in this league anyone can beat anyone, that is the beauty about the Championship. We're at home against Aston Villa, we're looking to get the three points.

"It is a massive game and we need to win to build momentum for the final game, so we are looking to use home advantage as best we can and hopefully do the best we can."

Don't miss out on the all-important match against Aston Villa! Tickets in all areas have been reduced in price to £10 Adults, £5 Concessions and just £2 Juniors under 18.

Blackburn have gone from terrible to merely very bad from the first half of the season to the second, as the sea of red below will attest to.  This means the highest they've been all season is 20th place.  Truly a season of despair for their fans who have had to endure their own mid-season change of manager.  But a recent run of just 3 losses in 12 games means they've a chance to climb out of the relegation zone and go into the final day with their heads above the waterline for the first time since before Paddy's Day.  In terms of things they're good or bad at, they're bad at plenty.  They're bad at scoring goals and they're even worse at conceding them.  They're bad at keeping clean sheets.  The only thing they're above average at is scoring at least once per match.  They've only failed to score at home 4 times this season.

They're 18th in the home table and we're 20th in the away table.  The betting man might go for the 1-1 draw.  Me?  I'm wishing Blackburn the best of luck.

fc6cde62af02e6ae96e31c57e99afc90.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alakagom said:

Considering Brucey managed SHA for so long I bet he'll secretly want us to win though so i dont hold hopes for shite team xd

He said after the game on Sunday he wouldn't want them to go down and said this today :

Steve Bruce has promised fierce rivals Birmingham City that Aston Villa will be "honest and genuine" at Blackburn Rovers this weekend.

Bruce has vowed that Villa, who will be backed by a bumper away following, will try their utmost to win in Lancashire.

"It's about keeping everybody focused, we must, must finish as high as we can," said Bruce.

"We go to Blackburn next weekend and we've got to be honest and genuine with everybody concerned in the league and we've got to go there and try and win.

"We've got arguably the Champions (Brighton) coming in two weeks time so that's something to look forward to."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-12942775

On 23/04/2017 at 19:48, theboyangel said:

.............Johnstone

bree.chester.baker.taylor

........Lansbury.hourihane

adomah....kodjia....agbonlahor 

.................hogan

Would still like to see this line up.

its more attacking and the personnel should press the opposition higher up the pitch.

if it works great, we'd see some attacking football.

if it fails - great too, we'll see small heath in the bottom 3!

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

He said after the game on Sunday he wouldn't want them to go down and said this today :

Steve Bruce has promised fierce rivals Birmingham City that Aston Villa will be "honest and genuine" at Blackburn Rovers this weekend.

Bruce has vowed that Villa, who will be backed by a bumper away following, will try their utmost to win in Lancashire.

"It's about keeping everybody focused, we must, must finish as high as we can," said Bruce.

"We go to Blackburn next weekend and we've got to be honest and genuine with everybody concerned in the league and we've got to go there and try and win.

"We've got arguably the Champions (Brighton) coming in two weeks time so that's something to look forward to."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-12942775

Comments to appease the Noses and EFL if the worst happens and we do lose at Blackburn I suspect. ;) 

6 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Bruce Out !!

Well I know who I will be singing for............come on, its football, its meant to be fun - what could be more fun than 9000 of us making more noise for Blackburn than the 9000 Blackburn fans ?  It'll be a one-off occasion I will gladly lose (first time ever).

Ideally we will play really well but concede in the 70 th minute or so and with our backing fail miserably to respond.

Just this once that'd be fun

• Like 2