Pre-match Thread

theboyangel

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Nothing to play for and not a single kid in the match day squad. Extremely disappointing. 

Green is still injured - Hutton has been too good to drop for Bree and frankly I don't think anyone else is anywhere near ready. I'm all for giving youth a chance, but only when there is youth available that has a chance.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Green is still injured - Hutton has been too good to drop for Bree and frankly I don't think anyone else is anywhere near ready. I'm all for giving youth a chance, but only when there is youth available that has a chance.

yeah but when else are you going to blood them. We let too many go because their not ready as they are not given chances to prove themselves. Daniel Johnson Callum Robinson etc. 

Why not give RHM 90 minutes and see what he has in a competitive game. Hutton over Bree? I get hes been good but its not an important match. Just give Bree a run out. 

• Like 2

I agree on Hutton and I don't see Bree as an academy player anyway. I know there are injuries, but surely he could have found one young player, even if it's just for the experience of being on the bench?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Easah Suliman? Rushian Hepburn-Murphy? Matija Sarkic?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree on Hutton and I don't see Bree as an academy player anyway. I know there are injuries, but surely he could have found one young player, even if it's just for the experience of being on the bench?

There's a difference between giving a player experience because it helps us and giving a player some experience because it helps him when he's on the bench for a league 2 club in a couple of years time - if they were good enough, they'd be in the squad.

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Easah Suliman? Rushian Hepburn-Murphy? Matija Sarkic?

If those players are all fit then it's criminal not to try at least one or two in a match like this. You can't claim RHM isn't ready for at least a run out. We're on the road to nowhere with this mentality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a difference between giving a player experience because it helps us and giving a player some experience because it helps him when he's on the bench for a league 2 club in a couple of years time - if they were good enough, they'd be in the squad.

You don't think the club believe RHM is good enough? They made a big effort to get him signed up for a league 2 player. 

• Like 1