Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

It most likely will be worth just as much. Ticket sales are not really the massive income generator, especially mid season.

Ticket sales form a very small part of income these days

So Tesco are liars?

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Just now, sidcow said:

Every little helps :crylaugh:

Très amusant! :D

But seriously, most teams at the top's ticket income is dwarfed by the TV money. Then add into it that the bulk of ticket money is paid before the season starts and that all of that miniscule amount will instantly return under new ownership, it's not going to affect the price one iota

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

A lot of companies make employees pay up front for expenses, then claim them back. I don't see why it should be an issue with millionaire footballers.

If I were a Chelsea player and they tried to vary my working conditions like this, I'd want to know what guarantee the club could offer that they'll be able to pay expenses in future.

I wonder how many players are discussing exit via force majeure with their solicitors.

2 hours ago, peterw said:

My point which has remained consistent, is that when we see photos we need to show caution. When we see bombs hitting civilian targets such as hospitals, we need to not jump to conclusions relating to the purpose of the act but consider all the variables because we will never get the full story. What is undeniable is that a hospital has been bombed that has never been questioned. What we may not know is why. Russia will say one thing, Ukriane the other. What is still true though, and was highlighted before, is that if Russia hadn't invaded in the first place none of this would be happening now.

Guess who said this two pages back

But I'm looking less and less at the BBC in time reporting now as it just isn't possible to verify that Russia is bombing children's hospitals,

That's not my definition of consistent, I suspect but I haven't had it verified by Collins / Oxford / Mirriam Webster et all (shall we call them the Independent Word Checkers) that it isn't in theirs either but I can be bothered to have a look for myself so nobody should believe these definitions

Great stuff finally imposing sanctions/bans on Roman Abramovich and Chelsea.

In following suit, along with everyone showing what brilliant humans they are, I'm assuming we'll now be pushing for sanctions and bans against the following, to further highlight our awakening to the atrocities of this world: ( Present and retro actively of course )

Newcastle | Saudis ( Yemen etc -  bombed regularly - starving to death )

Manchester City | Abu Dhabi etc ( See above )

Wolves | Chinese - Rohingya Muslim genocide etc.

Arsenal | Liverpool | Palace | Burnley | Manchester United | - Americans ( Self explanatory using any search engine )

Aston Villa | Americans/Egypt - Oh alot of history there.

Any club with Israeli involvement as well. ( Also self explanatory )

To quote some of the news reports i've seen though " These are civilised Europeans here, they drive cars like me and you, I've seen kids with blonde hair and blue eyes evacuating, it is heart breaking " ( Actual quotes FYI )

Feel free to get VERY upset if you want to. I don't care. lol

Facts don't give a f*ck about your feelings.

The world is absolutely bizarre.

I think it's important for the sanctions to reduce our purchase of Russian Oil. It's good OPEC are increasing output. We need to offer a lifeline to Venezuela to buy their Oil. It's lesser of two evils right now.

We also need to have secondary sanctions on any country buying Russian Gold. If you buy Russian Gold you are funding the war in Ukraine and thus we must sanction you. This will work on all countries who can actually afford billions in gold bar China. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In following suit, along with everyone showing what brilliant humans they are, I'm assuming we'll now be pushing for sanctions and bans against the following, to further highlight our awakening to the atrocities of this world: ( Present and retro actively of course )

Arsenal | Liverpool | Palace | Burnley | Manchester United | - Americans ( Self explanatory using any search engine )

To quote some of the news reports i've seen though " These are civilised Europeans here, they drive cars like me and you, I've seen kids with blonde hair and blue eyes evacuating, it is heart breaking " ( Actual quotes FYI )

Not angry or upset, just not very interested at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you are saying that business men from western countries who made their wealth and then purchased footballs clubs is the same as Russian Oligarchs who were handed their wealth via political favours from the ruling dictator?

The world yes, and your opinions are very bizarre indeed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think any of that can be ignored, by anyone. On Abramovich it is undoubtedly good news. Both things are true at the same time. It looks like the criteria for action is measured along the lines of, is the aggressor directly threatening the existence of the UK? - That's the only explainer I can think of.  

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

yes the world is shit. and yes in particular with newcastle I think that is contemptible, and rightly we should be nailing the saudis to, allowing them to take over newcastle will remain a disgrace but the russians have  slaughtered ukrainians and started a war.  **** them, and if we aren't going to fight it militarily, you do it elsewhere, economically and culturally. There are no good options, there will be inconsistencies and innocent civilians will lose out, but absolutely **** doing nothing at all. 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So you are saying that business men from western countries who made their wealth and then purchased footballs clubs is the same as Russian Oligarchs who were handed their wealth via political favours from the ruling dictator?

The world yes, and you yourself are very bizarre indeed.

1. Strategic avoidance of the non western owners I mentioned.

2. " Western Businessmen " LMFAO. Being Western, and a business man, automatically pre qualifies you from having acquired wealth through shady business and/or engaging in such practices of course ( You pretty much prove a point with that notion )

3. Hasn't control of Chelsea already been relinquished, all the finances, resources, earnings etc? The people who will ACTUALLY suffer most are the British fans, and employees. The overriding intimation here is posturing. lol

I'm sorry if my opinions revolving around facts makes me " bizarre ".

Personally, I find the almost robotic like singing from the same hymn sheet, non objectivity, and regurgitating identical lines as each other regardless of actual facts, more bizarre, if i'm to be honest.

How are " FACTS " Whataboutisms? 😂

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Point taken on those countries you've listed committing various atrocities, but only Newcastle, Chelsea and City are owned by people directly involved with those atrocities.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the broadest of strokes, I agree with you.

But I suspect now is not the moment.

Once this is over or in a less immediate state, there’s definitely discussion to be had about the likes of Israel et al. Even the Chagos Islands and Diego Garcia.

So yes, there is a ‘to do’ list. But I’d suggest it’s not item 1.

59 minutes ago, Awol said:

A B52 bomber just flew over my house. Don’t see that every day. 

8554D425-A32E-4EA7-8CAE-923C6756F301.jpeg

A design that first went into service 68 years ago. Astonishing, when you think about it. 

• Like 3

Â