Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Fair enough then. Is there anyone in that Aberdeen team worth a look at? Hayes and Rooney have done well there but Scottish football is their ceiling you'd imagine. Hayes was very poor for Ireland against Iceland a couple of months back.

I've watched more Aberdeen than Villa this season sadly (for once). Aberdeen have a great group of players, play exciting football, get the crowd on their feet BUT the opposition bar Celtic are terrible. I don't think any of their players would improve Villa. Hayes is excellent at Aberdeen, as is Rooney but the Championship (never mind the Prem which is where we'll hopefully be heading next season) is a MASSIVE step up. Celtic are light years ahead of Aberdeen and imho would be a mid table Championship team. 

• Like 1

Really wish we'd have a look at Sam Larsson at Heerenveen.

He mainly plays down the left flank but is right footed and can also play ACM or RW.

I've followed him since his time in IFK Gothenburg and he's a favorite of mine. He has great vision and technique, and is very good on set pieces.

Had a great season again this year and has previously been rumored to both AJAX and PSV.

Doubt there is any player in the Championship like him, and if there was he'd cost close to £20m.

Said the same last summer and the summer before that :)

We've already missed out on Ludwig Augustinsson who I'm sure we could have signed at one time. Sam we probably still might have a chance at.

Edit He also has a great nickname in "Samba Sam"

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, av1 said:

I don't watch any Scottish football, but i have devised a simple method to access the quality of players in SPL.

If Scott Sinclair is one of better players, everyone else is shit. 

I'm not a fan of Sinclair and never have been but at the right club he would be one of the better players of the Championship as well.

• Like 2

Just now, Michael118 said:

I'm not a fan of Sinclair and never have been but at the right club he would be one of the better players of the Championship as well.

I would disagree with that mate, but i guess we will never know now as i suspect he will see out his days at Celtic. His career to date suggests he enjoys being the big fish in the small pond. 

At that really was my point. If Scott Sinclair is the big fish in your league, your league, and all the players in it are sh#t. 

An audacious loan move for Iheanacho would be very exciting...convince City not to sell (to PL e.g. West Ham) as part of the negotiation and state we will give him game time to develop and progress... Not sure he'd be keen but worth a shot at least, looks very talented.

Not very enthused by links to Championship/Barnsley players tbh, I'd personally like us to set our sights higher (without being unrealistic or ripped off) but I've no complaints as long as they are better players than what we have (in those positions) and  as long as we shift enough of the unwanted....

We need genuine quality in key positions  that will only improve, signing average players to fill gaps would be a mistake, not that I'm saying that is happening but it's just a minor concern after recent transfer speculation.

Too established for us I'm afraid...I think we'd be more looking at players like Ben Woodburn or Akpom if we went down the young striker on loan route. Is James Wilson still alive at Man. United, he might be another option although he hasn't really done much in his previous loans at this level.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is James Wilson still alive at Man. United, he might be another option although he hasn't really done much in his previous loans at this level.

Done his ACL while on loan at Derby in October. 

Here

Manchester United striker James Wilson has delivered a positive update on his road to recovery after suffering a knee injury during his loan spell at Derby County.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When do things actually START happening?

I'm bored shiteless.

I hate close season so much. 

I get SO excited when Wimbledon is on, not because I have the slightest interest on tennis, but because it's a big landmark that the new footy season is just around the corner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When do things actually START happening?

I'm bored shiteless.

Me too. But if reports/rumours of trying to bin 10/12 players are true, i think once it kicks off, we could have a really busy window in store. 

At least the last 2 windows since Lerner **** off have been exciting, even if we've been served up a similar portion of dross on the pitch. Do you remember the summers of signing Leandro Bacuna and Brett Trevor Holman for a combined fee of 58 pence?We had to get excited about that FFS.

Oh and BTW if you didn't know, Brett Trevor Holman is currently playing for the "Brisbane Roar" in the Australian A league. Leandro Bacuna plays for a mid-level English Championship club who finished 13th in the division last year.

Jesus wept.

15 hours ago, Jas10 said:

An audacious loan move for Iheanacho would be very exciting...convince City not to sell (to PL e.g. West Ham) as part of the negotiation and state we will give him game time to develop and progress... Not sure he'd be keen but worth a shot at least, looks very talented.

Not very enthused by links to Championship/Barnsley players tbh, I'd personally like us to set our sights higher (without being unrealistic or ripped off) but I've no complaints as long as they are better players than what we have (in those positions) and  as long as we shift enough of the unwanted....

We need genuine quality in key positions  that will only improve, signing average players to fill gaps would be a mistake, not that I'm saying that is happening but it's just a minor concern after recent transfer speculation.

It would be very audacious indeed. They are looking for something north of £20m for him and that would be money well spent for me. A player we could have gone for had we gone up but I cannot see him dropping down a division to play with us. They could possibly be tempted to hold onto him with a loan deal but I think he will be more likely to have a season at West Ham or abroad if that happens than rock up at Villa Park sadly.   

Would it not be better if unable to sell to come to some sort of agreement with those players that Bruce and Villa no longer want to pay up their contracts?

I know that Richards and Gabby are on a fair whack but it would be a fresh start for the club and allow Villa to promote more youth into the squad.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Now Man City have bought Ederson Moraes from Benfica, they have released Willy Caballero, I'd take him on a free no doubt

I'd definitely like to see him here but i think he's unlikely to drop a division.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Would it not be better if unable to sell to come to some sort of agreement with those players that Bruce and Villa no longer want to pay up their contracts?

I know that Richards and Gabby are on a fair whack but it would be a fresh start for the club and allow Villa to promote more youth into the squad.

There's no squad limits so if we are going to waste money we may aswell keep them around. If Gabby only plays 2 games next season it'll be worth it. 

• Like 1