Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

I think under normal circumstances bruce would sign bruce, but hes only played about 10 games in the last 2 1/2 seasons with injury, so cant see even his dad doing that....... now, Ryan Bennett would be better off anyones released lists

• Like 1

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Can't believe they didn't tell him, decent response from him though, assuming he's not having a laugh. 

What do people think to Bruce joining Villa? Is he better than Baker? Or a Bruce too far? 

He tweeted two days earlier that he was leaving, so he definitely knew :)

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, skarroki said:

That's weird and very misleading of him then?

Not necessarily. With his contract up at the end of the season you would expect the club to have started negotiating a new contract some time ago if they had any intention of retaining his services. The fact they didn't means Bruce will have undoubtedly known he wasn't going to be offered a deal, but i still think it would be common decency to actually confirm that to the player before announcing it on twitter. 

5 hours ago, av1 said:

Not necessarily. With his contract up at the end of the season you would expect the club to have started negotiating a new contract some time ago if they had any intention of retaining his services. The fact they didn't means Bruce will have undoubtedly known he wasn't going to be offered a deal, but i still think it would be common decency to actually confirm that to the player before announcing it on twitter. 

Well he didn't write "I believe" or "I think". Reading what he wrote states it more as a matter of fact way. So he definitely knew. Think he was just playing games or trying to be funny.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Half a season of good in 6 years of utter shite.

I'm one of his biggest critics, so i don't disagree with that at all. There is however the caveat that the one good season (or half a season in your opinion) is a result of Hutton finding his level. The same level we will be playing next season. 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm one of his biggest critics, so i don't disagree with that at all. There is however the caveat that the one good season (or half a season in your opinion) is a result of Hutton finding his level. The same level we will be playing next season. 

True, true. 

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think we need to see more than just 6 months of good play, if that is the case.

I'd happily keep Hutton this season, but, he'd be behind Bree in the pecking order. I'd have it as Bree's place to lose, not one bad game and drop him but more of a use Hutton as back up. There's a lot of games and it's good to have two players for each place. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I'd happily keep Hutton this season, but, he'd be behind Bree in the pecking order. I'd have it as Bree's place to lose, not one bad game and drop him but more of a use Hutton as back up. There's a lot of games and it's good to have two players for each place. 

I'd agree with that aswell, but then again Hutton is reportedly on about £50k pw, thats an awful lot of money for a back up right back in the championship. 

With that in mind, I'm pretty much on the fence. If we can keep him as back up, great. If we can move him on and save/reinvest £50k a week, thats great aswell. 

He's a decent player at this level, he's not a £50k a week player when FFP looks like its going to chomp your balls off. 

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:58, dn1982 said:

The figures mentioned for Jack aren't worth selling. If he's a PL player you're looking at £20m as he's English. Patrick Roberts went to Man City for £12m without having played in the PL if we are offered about that we may aswell keep him as he is more than good enough to get into our team and can be a star in this league and we all know how much going up is worth. We need to add 3/4 quality 1st team players but saying that I can see us selling Kodija if we get a big offer. He isn't a team player as such and we are desperate to get a functioning team instead of a one man attack. I'd love him to stay and develop but get £20m+ and Abraham in on loan we'd arguably have a better team. 

problem is Jack is not a PL player and barely was a championship player this season.   Figures of 20m is ridiculous!   6m - 8m would be a good result, use that money to bring in Tom Rogic from Celtic and we'd be way better off!

Perhaps a free transfer or two would be useful for us;

Premier League frees  (obviously some are completely unrealistic) https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1

Championship frees https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

George Boyd, John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett would add to areas we lack depth and quality.