Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you see us being able to sign 4/5 top players? I suppose it depends on your definition of a top player

Ok I'll rephrase. 4/5 good signings. Point being I understand many reasons for why fans want Bruce gone. I just don't get why signing his son would be one. Unless that was the only signing and he made him club captain and played him every game even though he was shit. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok I'll rephrase. 4/5 good signings. Point being I understand many reasons for why fans want Bruce gone. I just don't get why signing his son would be one. Unless that was the only signing and he made him club captain and played him every game even though he was shit. 

This is it.  I've no inherent problem with Alex Bruce coming in, because I don't actually know if he's any good.  I know he has just had his contract expire at a Premier League club, so that's something at least.  We're not plucking him from obscurity.  Point being I'm not against nepotism for the sake of nepotism.  If we were signing Alex Bruce from Dunstable Town then I'd have a problem with it.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah, we already have Gabby for that.

The problem for me with Bruce Junior would be that he's 32 (33 by next season) and has just missed a season due to a serious injury.

Edited by sne

6 hours ago, Gillz said:

Shay Given has been released by Stoke. Anyone take him on free?

It is staggering he lasted this long, he and his agent must be laughing themselves silly.

I remember watching him the best part of 5 years ago at the start of Lamberts reign and it was clear then he was completely gone, even the most timid and basic of shots he just couldn't get his body down to.The few times I watched him earlier this year it has just been sad, so bad Stoke got in a 34 year old Championship journeyman to replace him.

Not sure what the point of having a number 2 is if he isn't actually good enough to play if required...but maybe Mark Hughes and him are old friends, or maybe they share the same agent. Who knows.

• Like 2

I don't like this part of pre-season, I'm bored already, no one really starts making signings and there's no games to look forward too, and the players we will be linked with are so unexciting, meh! 

48 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, we already have Gabby for that.

The problem for me with Bruce Junior would be that he's 32 (33 by next season) and has just missed a season due to a serious injury.

That's fair enough. But manager should be sacked for signing him? That's extreme. 

I bet if Antonio Conte wanted to manage us on the condition his 9 year old could be part of the squad many fans wouldn't mind. 

Lets give potato head a break.

• Like 1