Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Terry got typecast as a blood and guts defender but to be fair he could use the ball better than most when he stepped out of defence. Incredibly underated in that aspect.

Agreed.

In some way he was a bit like Puyol, then again in other ways he was not.

Both showed a lot of heart and leadership and was decent enough with their feet for CB's.

Puyol the better player thou IMO

• Like 1

On 18/05/2017 at 11:16, villa89 said:

It's interesting that there is no limit to the number of loan players you can have in the Football League but there can only be 5 in any particular matchday squad. For a club in our position it makes sense to try to loan players this summer. Then try to use them to get promotion where after we could then use the new found premier league money to buy better players than we could buy this summer. 

Alex Bruce informed by Hull on Twitter today that he'll be released this summer.   He wasn't aware until the Hull post apparently.  Don't know how to link the tweet or his comeback though.  Welcome Alex :D

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Not really sure what selling one of last seasons better players would achieve...

We finished mid table in the Championship. That's his level. We have 2 other better options in my opinion. Since Hutton arrived we've got worse. He's been a regular the last 2 years look at our finishing positions! Hutton should be on the reject list along with the likes of Richards and Elphick. 

• Like 2

Alex Bruce informed by Hull on Twitter today that he'll be released this summer.   He wasn't aware until the Hull post apparently.  Don't know how to link the tweet or his comeback to it though.  Lack of class from Hull here I think.   Welcome Alex :D

Edited by ferguson1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:
Alex Bruce informed by Hull on Twitter today that he'll be released this summer.   He wasn't aware until the Hull post apparently.  Don't know how to link the tweet or his comeback to it though.  Lack of class from Hull here I think.   Welcome Alex :D

You can say that again ;)

Edited by av1

8 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We finished mid table in the Championship. That's his level. We have 2 other better options in my opinion. Since Hutton arrived we've got worse. He's been a regular the last 2 years look at our finishing positions! Hutton should be on the reject list along with the likes of Richards and Elphick. 

Whilst De Laet has been injured, Bree has been at the club since January and not been able to displace Hutton from the team... I wouldn't say he is a better option (although I'm sure he will become a better player with age)

I just think we have a lot of deadwood at the club to be shifting before Hutton.

• Like 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Sorry, hadn't realised that my original post had gone on!  Mobile for you.  Must have happened when in my pocket :ph34r:

You are Joleon Lescott and i claim my £5

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Yep, welcome Alex. 

Cracking signing on a free. Good start, we need another CB :thumb:

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Whilst De Laet has been injured, Bree has been at the club since January and not been able to displace Hutton from the team... I wouldn't say he is a better option (although I'm sure he will become a better player with age)

I just think we have a lot of deadwood at the club to be shifting before Hutton.

Bree did dislodge him then for some unknown reason Bruce put Hutton back in. Only reason I can think of was to appease some fans singing his name as Bree hadn't put a foot wrong. Weve 3 RB's one has to go. Hopefully it's Hutton. Bruce needs to start trusting his youth players or why would they come to us? Bree was an in demand player yet we sign him and drop him for no reason. If you're an Abraham would you want to sign for Bruce? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Bree did dislodge him then for some unknown reason Bruce put Hutton back in. Only reason I can think of was to appease some fans singing his name as Bree hadn't put a foot wrong. Weve 3 RB's one has to go. Hopefully it's Hutton. Bruce needs to start trusting his youth players or why would they come to us? Bree was an in demand player yet we sign him and drop him for no reason. If you're an Abraham would you want to sign for Bruce? 

Probably not... Jack Grealish is currently filling me with false hope that Abraham will sign for us with Instagram photos with him most days...

Personally think he is now Premiership standard but we shall see.

48 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Not really sure what selling one of last seasons better players would achieve...

Good time to sell him because of that!

If we can get someone to pay for Alan Hutton after he was placed in the bomb squad what feels like a decade ago then that's incredible business. 

Along with Alex Bruce on a free, great start to the window 

• Like 1