Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Elmohamady imo would be an awful signing and another that offers proof that for all the guff spouted we still aren't scouting properly 

i don't think terry has anything to do with it though, it'll be financed by Hutton going

Anybody saying no thanks to Hart joining Villa are off their heads. 

He's not the best English keeper and he makes a few clangers but overall he's a bloody good keeper still. 

• Like 4

Elmohamady is wank and just another player who along with the manager that will need to be replaced if we somehow managed to get promoted.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Snodgrass would be an excellent signing (especially at this level), seems to be out of favour at West Ham - we should be taking advantage of opportunities like that but I have no idea what our actual transfer budget is. Really want us to get moving on the outgoings now, slightly concerned on that front...

Haha when did he go to West Ham. I'm so out if touch with the PL

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Elmohamady imo would be an awful signing and another that offers proof that for all the guff spouted we still aren't scouting properly 

i don't think terry has anything to do with it though, it'll be financed by Hutton going

Baffling signing dont see what the hell he will add.

Joe Hart would obviously be a coup. Whilst I still think Man City are trying to get rid of him completely, if a loan was to transpire wages wouldn't be an issue. He was at Torino! A club that wasn't even in Europe. Presumably they subsidise his wage, like we would be doing. He's on approximately 110k a week.

Now if Joe were to go to a Premier League club , he could probably get 70-80k and first team football. I would suggest this is his and Man City's preferred choice unless he is driven by greed and wouldn't take a pay dip. He could/would get a longer contract (2019) too which would offset the wage dip.

So the only scenario I see him coming here is if a PL club don't want him, which you would day is very unlikely. Manchester City not wanting him to go to a Premier League team is complete guff, they don't give a shit and Pep doesn't rate him at all. 

Edited by NottingVilla

Hart is obviously better than Johnstone but I'm not sure it would be a smart use of wages. I don't think it's realistic anyway. No idea why we would want Elmohamady I have to say - if there was a gap in the squad for a right back I'd get it but we have 4, and even as a wing back I'd prefer Bree or Bacuna. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bet you Elmohamady becomes a fans favourite.   Hope all the haters remember this post.

He'll have to grow the largest beard in club history to become a fan favorite, because he won't do it on football ability.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

He'll have to grow the largest beard in club history to become a fan favorite, because he won't do it on football ability.

I get why he isn't rated but did any players we signed from the Premier League flop? I know he got relegated but he does have 170 odd premier league appearances and 2 promotions so could excel in this league. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get why he isn't rated but did any players we signed from the Premier League flop? I know he got relegated but he does have 170 odd premier league appearances and 2 promotions so could excel in this league. 

Is quite a span between fan favorite and flop.

We have signed countless players from the PL who have flopped through the years, but I guess you mean this past season?

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Is quite a span between fan favorite and flop.

We have signed countless players from the PL who have flopped through the years, but I guess you mean this past season?

Yes I did. Jed, Chester and Taylor all did well. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes I did. Jed, Chester and Taylor all did well. 

Well here's hoping the Championship is just so awful that even a dreadful footballer like Elmohamady can shine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree. The team massively under achieved last year. There are goals in this team. 

Still not convinced our supply is what it needs to be, nor how our strikers will play together as currently they are less than the sum of their parts.

• Like 3