Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

9 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

For Aston Villa to sign Joe Hart and John Terry after a season when we just finished 13th in the Championship shows the pulling power we as a club (and our owner) still have.

Sure I understand the negativity both are not at their peaks and in fact Joe Hart may never actually reach the heights he was expected too.

But guys we are a mid-table championship club, pulling off deals like the this.....FFS lighten up :)

They will NOT make us worse, in fact there is a very good chance they will make us significantly better UTV

Sorry to go WAY off topic but I recently made a list of all the dreadful strikers I had seen play for us, most of which were in the 80's. I am both horrified and totally embarrassed that I missed Mark Lillis from that list when he without argument should have been top :blush:

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Do you see your mistake there? 

I don't. Prefer Richards to Elmohamady. I remember playing hull and I was laughing at how shit he was. Even Hutton as a right winger over this bloke

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

elmohamady has a good cross, and he's definitely not a bad signing for this level.

Have to disagree, seen him play lots of times and his crossing is on par with Alan Huttons, if not worse

44 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Have to disagree, seen him play lots of times and his crossing is on par with Alan Huttons, if not worse

Honestly I know nothing about the guy, it's rare the majority on Villa talk agree on anything, but the fact the majority seem to think he is shit is quite a signal.

Thats probably what Xias tweet was about.

If he is a winger surely we could do better?

Why does Bruce like him so much?

Than again, I also rememeber a few people having a meltdown about how "shite" Taylor was so who knows.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yet a lot of people say we are cutting back due to ffp.

Last year, to this day almost, we had a "money is no option" rhetoric from the club, we signed a lot of very average players (RMC et al) at extortionate prices, can't blame the board for saying we have 18 quid and 36 bottles of empty masons pop to play with now can we? 

I'd take the "million pound" budget nonsense with a huge pinch of salt, why get stung by Fulham when you can get sucked right off by Man City?!

Edited by Hoof hearted

Elmo is a player Bruce knows and trusts. He'll be a good option and add much needed depth to our wide options. Adomah should keep his place in the starting XI but if Elmo can keep him out the side then that's good news for the club.

He's experienced in the Prem too and importantly is a player that wouldn't be difficult to shift, they'll always be a club interested in a player like him 

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

i havent seen him recently but i distinctly remember his delivery being really good. maybe it's declined but i doubt it's worse than hutton's

i imagine he'll just be a utility player. backup right winger/right back and starting right wing back should we use three centre halves

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

Elmo is a player Bruce knows and trusts. He'll be a good option and add much needed depth to our wide options. Adomah should keep his place in the starting XI but if Elmo can keep him out the side then that's good news for the club.

He's experienced in the Prem too and importantly is a player that wouldn't be difficult to shift, they'll always be a club interested in a player like him 

Maybe Adomah is on his way out. 

The Birmingham mail reporter in Portugal with the side has confirmed we have indeed spoken with joe hart in a bid to tempt him here although it seems he's keeping his options open at the moment so still more likely Johnstone will be the one unless hart makes his mind up to join villa  pretty soon.

Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce makes approach for Joe Hart 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-update-sam-13292930#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The Birmingham mail reporter in Portugal with the side has confirmed we have indeed spoken with joe hart in a bid to tempt him here although it seems he's keeping his options open at the moment so still more likely Johnstone will be the one unless hart makes his mind up to join villa  pretty soon.

Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce makes approach for Joe Hart 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-update-sam-13292930#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

This of course isnt goung to happen. If we pay him the reported 100k a week and dont go up this year we are going to be in massive trouble with the financial rules

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This of course isnt goung to happen. If we pay him the reported 100k a week and dont go up this year we are going to be in massive trouble with the financial rules

I'd imagine it'd be a loan to buy deal If we go up. Hart has to find a club. With my Claret. And Blue glasses on he'd benefit from playing week in week out in a team that's trying to win something. That won't happen in the PL. If he went to a Newcastle for instance he'd be a lot busier and would concede more so wouldn't look as good as playing for us. Playing in the Championship for us he'd be on TV more  than most PL teams. The Terry signing guarantees we will be in the spotlight all season. I can't see it happening but if it did I think it'd be a class signing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, skarroki said:

As long as that club has Mr Steve Bruce as a manager there will, apparently! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has this actually been reported or are people assuming that a big deal added to our apparently small budget means we're close to breaching FFP?

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Has this actually been reported or are people assuming that a big deal added to our apparently small budget means we're close to breaching FFP?

I think we have a small budget but room to manoeuvre and I guess the sale of amavi alone would more than pay joe harts wages should he decide to join on a season loan - that said he seems to be waiting for a better offer from the premiership and it seems unlikely to happen as we can't afford to wait around too long .

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I am saying if it were to happen. His wages will at least be 100k a week.

14 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I'd imagine it'd be a loan to buy deal If we go up. Hart has to find a club. With my Claret. And Blue glasses on he'd benefit from playing week in week out in a team that's trying to win something. That won't happen in the PL. If he went to a Newcastle for instance he'd be a lot busier and would concede more so wouldn't look as good as playing for us. Playing in the Championship for us he'd be on TV more  than most PL teams. The Terry signing guarantees we will be in the spotlight all season. I can't see it happening but if it did I think it'd be a class signing. 

I see your points but I think dropping to the championship is a option for hart. They may look at at it as a lower level and feel he doesn't warrant a place as England no 1 with such low opposition 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I am saying if it were to happen. His wages will at least be 100k a week.

I see your points but I think dropping to the championship is a option for hart. They may look at at it as a lower level and feel he doesn't warrant a place as England no 1 with such low opposition 

Hart would probably be watched more by the England scouts at villa than at Torino , maybe he would seek advice from Southgate as to whether it would affect his England position .

i still feel a premier club may come in for him and beat us to him but the fact we've tried to get him shows the ambition and intent is there from villa.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Does anyone know what the Recon back-of-the-shirt sponsorship brings to the club in terms of revenue? Maybe Dr Tony has thought things through and found himself a nice little loophole to plough some extra cash into the club! 

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Hart would probably be watched more by the England scouts at villa than at Torino , maybe he would seek advice from Southgate as to whether it would affect his England position .

i still feel a premier club may come in for him and beat us to him but the fact we've tried to get him shows the ambition and intent is there from villa.

I had thought the same about the Southgate situation. I imagine Southgate to be ok with him playing regularly in the Championship for a club like us, and I'm sure he will be glowing of Villa. 

A goalkeeper is different to any other position, as saving something which is going top bins is the same in any division, whereas a striker banging in goals for fun in Scotland is completely different to the Premier League for example. 

It's a long shot, but there must be a sniff of a chance for it to be leaked to the press. Terry to have a word. Sold on the project and ambition from the owner. Loan to buy and regular games, Hart doesn't have much to lose IMO. 

• Like 2