Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Not a fan of signing another RB. I'd much rather we give Bree the opportunity to develop. 

This signing would suggest even more that 3 at the back is the formation we are going with next year. Which if that was the plan why did we sign Bree in January?

• Like 2

Hart was absolutely awful in the games I watched him play for Torino. I definitely have him over Johnstone and think he could work in the Premier League but I do understand the question about his ability in the Premier League.

RB does seem slightly mental at the moment.

We have Alan Hutton who, whether we like it or not, seems to have ownership of the position.

James Bree who is the future and, to many of us should be the present too.

Ritchie de Laet who could be the best of the 3 at this moment in time but we just don't know.

I suspect with Amavi and Cissokho leaving, de Laet will become more relevant on the opposite side. As for Elmo.  I dunno.  Maybe backup to Adomah with the ability to help out at RB in a pinch.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not a fan of signing another RB. I'd much rather we give Bree the opportunity to develop. 

This signing would suggest even more that 3 at the back is the formation we are going with next year. Which if that was the plan why did we sign Bree in January?

There was a plan, you say?

15 minutes ago, Nigel said:

lol...getting Terry hasnt stopped us getting either of those.

We've heard from the board / Steve Bruce that we will only be signing 3-4 players.

Tell me, on a scale of 1-10 how happy would you be if our only 4 signings were: Terry, Johnstone, Whelan and Elmohamday?

I personally don't think that improves us at all from last season from an offence point of view. We would be just as difficult to beat, yet score just as few goals. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

We've heard from the board / Steve Bruce that we will only be signing 3-4 players.

Tell me, on a scale of 1-10 how happy would you be if our only 4 signings were: Terry, Johnstone, Whelan and Elmohamday?

I personally don't think that improves us at all from last season from an offence point of view. We would be just as difficult to beat, yet score just as few goals. 

Maybe but we'd have competition for Adomah on the right in Elohamady and we'll have McCormack and Hogan hopefully fully fit and firing. We don't need any strikers adding we need our creative ve players to do their job. Grealish Green Hourihane Lansbury Adomah Elohamaday is a very talented bunch but they need to prove it. I don't want us signing players to just make up the numbers. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Junxs said:

He's a right winger first, right back is just another position he can play, equally poor in both. (Elmohamady)

Yeah he was a RW who got shifted further and further back because he possessed no actually ability on the ball, rarely had the beating of his FB due to lack of intelligence and never scored or assisted. Christ that is familiar.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I think JT will get the defence pushing higher up which will free lansbury and hourihane to get forward more - Ross could also be like a new striker and I think there will be goals aplenty for us - whelan would provide cover for jedinak who we missed badly when out last season - if we signed just  those 4 I still feel we should be favourites for promotion with our squad .

get off to a good start and we will take some stopping .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah he was a RW who got shifted further and further back because he possessed no actually ability on the ball, rarely had the beating of his FB due to lack of intelligence and never scored or assisted. Christ that is familiar.

Yet he has managed over 150 games in the Premier League! What is he actually good at to manage that?

edit: right place at the right time?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think JT will get the defence pushing higher up which will free lansbury and hourihane to get forward more - Ross could also be like a new striker and I think there will be goals aplenty for us - whelan would provide cover for jedinak who we missed badly when out last season - if we signed just  those 4 I still feel we should be favourites for promotion with our squad .

get off to a good start and we will take some stopping .

Agree. The team massively under achieved last year. There are goals in this team. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet he has managed over 150 games in the Premier League! What is he actually good at to manage that?

edit: right place at the right time?

incriminating photos of the manager - otherwise known as "doing a Heskey"

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Elmohamady *sigh*

This is why I rather we hadn't signed Terry, if it meant we could sign Ince or Snodgrass instead of the likes of Elmohamady :(

Snodgrass would be an excellent signing (especially at this level), seems to be out of favour at West Ham - we should be taking advantage of opportunities like that but I have no idea what our actual transfer budget is. Really want us to get moving on the outgoings now, slightly concerned on that front...

• Like 3