Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

This Joe Hart thing is blatantly bs. Wyness said a couple of days ago we were in pole position to sign Sam Johnson. I think people are getting carried away with Twitter news and that mostly seems a mistake of a thing to do. 

The guy who reported it did have 88k followers one of whom is Keith wyness - I think maybe people are thinking as hart is in the algarve that it may happen - still highly unlikely though.

Things change quickly in football , whether in pole position for Johnstone or not if a better option is available there's no harm in trying .

Im sure Johnstone is not the only egg in the basket .

wyness said a few weeks ago JT was unlikely but things change .

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

That wouldn't be good news for Bree - I was hoping he'd get a good chance this season. 

Not sure why we need another right back , we have bree, de laet, Hutton and Richards already who can play there.

• Like 1

Just now, villaglint said:

Surely couldn't be coming as a RB how many do we need? 

Maybe he'd be seen as a cheap back up to Adomah? Though I'd have a assumed that would be Green.

Possible I guess as the utility player who can slot into various roles - never really stood out for me whenever I've seen him play.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Not sure why we need another right back , we have bree, de laet, Hutton and Richards already who can play there.

to make up for the years when we didn't have any decent right backs ;)

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Can you imagine how mental it would be for a mid-table championship club to sign the current England goalkeeper.

Unheard of..... But possible UTV

It's not possible.

45 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Richards will never play again in my opinion, I don't think well keep De Laet either. Sell those there is probably a place somewhere for him....somewhere.

Elmohamady *sigh*

This is why I rather we hadn't signed Terry, if it meant we could sign Ince or Snodgrass instead of the likes of Elmohamady :(

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Elmohamady *sigh*

This is why I rather we hadn't signed Terry, if it meant we could sign Ince or Snodgrass instead of the likes of Elmohamady :(

lol...getting Terry hasnt stopped us getting either of those.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

The irony of a Hart loan becoming permanent upon promotion to the Premier League, is that upon promotion Hart becomes surplus to requirements because he has shown he's not good enough at the higher level.  So in an albeit more convoluted way than normal, Villa would end up lumbered with hige priced over-rated rubbish again.

Hart was one of the best keepers in the league. Pep just didn't fancy him.