Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Barry is an interesting option - I would love to have him back (as I've mentioned on here before) but cannot see Defoe happening at all.

We certainly have to be more savvy this transfer window and scout around the players who aren't getting games in the Premier League and would jump at the chance to play regularly and for a club of our stature.

I think we can still attract players from the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Palace et al (how far have we fallen?) that aren't getting games.

I haven't seen him play in a long time, so I don't know if his legs have gone or not, but what about Sully Muntari. Obviously with the racist abuse he receives in Italy (despite the ban being overturned), I think it would be easy to tempt him away from there. If he still has the legs, he'd be perfect in the midfield for us. According to Wiki he only on a six month deal in Italy.

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Barry is an interesting option - I would love to have him back (as I've mentioned on here before) but cannot see Defoe happening at all.

We certainly have to be more savvy this transfer window and scout around the players who aren't getting games in the Premier League and would jump at the chance to play regularly and for a club of our stature.

I think we can still attract players from the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Palace et al (how far have we fallen?) that aren't getting games.

I would love Barry to come " home" however someone on here mentioned that he only recently signed a new contract ( for what it's worth)

13 hours ago, VERB27 said:

Walters would be a cracking signing IMO. 

At this level I agree. Get it done Brucie. Him and bassong on free transfers would be superb acquisitions in my view

These are all must's for me this summer

GK - Potentially Johnstone (he has ended the season well) but a more experienced head could well be required. Also a reserve keeper is needed unless we continue with Bunn.

DM - Desperately needed, we look weaker when Jedinak is not available and it will allow CH & HL to push on and do their job further forward. Has Barry still got the legs for it?

LW & RW - One of each, our creative outlets are almost non existent which is easily seen from the lack of goals. Brighton & Newcastle were both well stocked with wingers and look how they got on this season... Quality wingers are a must with Adomah & Green then pushing for starting places against them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

LW & RW - One of each, our creative outlets are almost non existent which is easily seen from the lack of goals. Brighton & Newcastle were both well stocked with wingers and look how they got on this season... Quality wingers are a must with Adomah & Green then pushing for starting places against them.

If Newcastle are willing to sell id get Ritchie and may him our number on target

27 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

DM - Desperately needed, we look weaker when Jedinak is not available and it will allow CH & HL to push on and do their job further forward. Has Barry still got the legs for it?

Same with Daime

• Like 2

15 hours ago, VERB27 said:

Walters would be a cracking signing IMO. 

He sure feels like a likely 'Bruce signing' as well. He'd no doubt be good enough for the current level, but then again, it'd most likely mean we'd persist with a long balls game. So no thanks.

29 minutes ago, vreitti said:

He sure feels like a likely 'Bruce signing' as well. He'd no doubt be good enough for the current level, but then again, it'd most likely mean we'd persist with a long balls game. So no thanks.

He scored goals for fun in premier league imagine what he could do here at this level? Definitely would approve of this signing. Get it done Brucie 

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Absolutely no chance.  More likely to sign Lionel Richie and Diame Judy Dench.

Yeah your probably right, but I don't diame is completely out of the question as he isnt a top class DM in the premier league 

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I haven't seen him play in a long time, so I don't know if his legs have gone or not, but what about Sully Muntari. Obviously with the racist abuse he receives in Italy (despite the ban being overturned), I think it would be easy to tempt him away from there. If he still has the legs, he'd be perfect in the midfield for us. According to Wiki he only on a six month deal in Italy.

Another African who seems to be around forever hmmm....I still remember him 10 years ago at VP scoring those wonder goals for Pompey. How old was he suppose to be then, 18?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Another African who seems to be around forever hmmm....I still remember him 10 years ago at VP scoring those wonder goals for Pompey. How old was he suppose to be then, 18?!

He hasn't aged well

sulley-muntari-ghana.jpg

I wonder whether we might look at the possibility of a loan deal for Sam Gallagher from Southampton who has looked decent on loan at Blackburn this season? 

• Like 2

On 07/05/2017 at 07:21, villarocker said:

We need to start tempting fringe players from clubs above us instead of taking players from shit teams. Jedinak and Chester came from the Premier League to us and you can see the quality in them as they've been two of our best players this season. Even Taylor stands out since his arrival in January. 

The best Villa teams of the last 20+ years included signings from decent clubs and I think that's what we should aim to do this summer. If it means paying top wages to 4 or 5 Premier League fringe players then so be it. You only have to look at the influence Gayle, Richie and Shelvey have had on Newcastle to see how much of a difference it can make. 

Agreed.  There is room for bringing someone like Omar Bogle or Sam Gallagher in from relegated Wigan and Blackburn respectively, but that shouldn't be the main thrust of our transfer strategy.  It was regularly said while we were struggling in the Premier League that "if you buy from the Championship you end up in the Championship".  Well the same logic should at least be applied to getting ourselves back into the Premier League.  I don't remember too many people whooping and hollering at the prospect of us getting Chester and Taylor, yet they've been a shining light ever since.  Elphick being the one cautionary tale, that being Premier League isn't in itself a guarantee.

5 minutes ago, John said:

I wonder whether we might look at the possibility of a loan deal for Sam Gallagher from Southampton who has looked decent on loan at Blackburn this season? 

Haha, great minds.  I literally mentioned him above.  Didn't realise he belonged to Southampton though.  That makes things trickier.

• Like 1

Sam Gallagher, good touch for a big man, you can see he has had a decent education at Southampton despite joining them quite late in his youth. Very decent, good all round player. I have been impressed when I have watched him this season.