17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Listening to talksport in the morning with Tim Sherwood :ph34r:..their betting expert has us as favourites to win the Championship following JT signing!  Pressure is on

I'd have had us as favourites even without JT .

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think Wolves, Boro,Fulham and Sheff Weds are going to dangerous

It won't be an easy season.

We need some serious pace on the flanks, We're not the quickest team in the league

Have Wolves bought many new players since last season?  They weren't that good last season were they?

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Have Wolves bought many new players since last season?  They weren't that good last season were they?

Close signing Ruben Neves, there trying to re-sign Afobe and they already have Costa..

I think that they could be dangerous

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

I'd have had us as favourites even without JT .

Yes but now we've got JT so the media will also have us as favourites because, well.... Londan bruv init?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Last season they had Lambert in charge so were handicapped.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Let's not forget we were one of the favourites at this time last year and we all know how that went.

/ray of sunshine

And Huddersfield were one of the favourites for relegation and we know how that went too ;) 

new season , better players and more settled - I see plenty reason to be optimistic .

Edited by Eastie

Whatever your views are on Bruce/Terry/Squad/Tony/Keith/Steve there are facts that I think we can all agree on:

1. We all want Villa to get promoted; 
  2. We would like to do it playing great football (but not essential); 
  3. We are one of the favourites for a whole host of reasons (club size, money spent, players, etc. etc. etc.); 
  4. The expectations has to be seeking promotion, no ifs, no buts, no excuses. 

That's why I think they went after Terry so much. Whatever you say about his character, he is a winner and only wants to win. That lack of doggedness was missing last year. We still crumbled and we were far, far too fragile. There were 2 big runs which faltered us: August - October and January - February. Those runs were the reason we faltered and because our heads dropped and confidence was shattered. 

32 points difference between us and Newcastle last season. Huddersfield gained 30 points last year, Fulham 29 points, Reading 33 points. It can be done. Change that mentality to winners rather than losers, the season will be a breeze B) 

P.S  Before anyone says it, easier said than done, I know! :)  

• Like 4

We should be one of the favorites. We were last year and have only got stronger and more experienced in this league since.

Look at our squad.

First 11 of Johnstone(?);  RDL, Terry, Chester, Taylor; Adomah, Mile, HL, CH, Kodjia; Hogan.

Second 11 of Bunn; Bree, Elphick, Baker, Amavi; Bacuna, GG, BB, Green; RMC, Gabby.

3rd 11 of Steer, Hutton, Toner, Richards, Cissokoh; Gil, Tishbola, Veretout, Jack; RHM, Davis

And then more kids of Lyden, Taylor and O'Hare coming through. That is nuts! Obviously some will go on loan or permanently, but we have 3 half decent sides there. 

Have had a lot of reservations and negative thoughts or opinions but am either willing or just simply resigned to putting them all to one side now (because I obviously can't affect the way the club is run & the decisions that are made) and desperately hoping for a fresh and improved start, I just really hope we hit the ground running and go on a good run of results and decent performances. Still have my reservations about Bruce and his management style (as well as the coaching team) but they will dissipate with good performances and wins, that's alll I want - and automatic promotion of course!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Just had a quick look at the table and we're top! 

Things are looking good, shame on all you Bruce doubters. 

Not after Terry's backpass is misjudged by SJ and Hull beat us 0-1 and have 70% possesion

This coming season we will be the team everybody fears and wants to beat. We need to transfer the expectation onto the pitch. 

Promotion is a must this season. Any way, any how. 

The squad is there in place, and should be settled with only a few additions. 

Realistically automatic promotion should be where we finish the season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

This coming season we will be the team everybody fears and wants to beat. We need to transfer the expectation onto the pitch. 

Promotion is a must this season. Any way, any how. 

The squad is there in place, and should be settled with only a few additions. 

Realistically automatic promotion should be where we finish the season. 

Wonder if the other teams think this about themselves?

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Wonder if the other teams think this about themselves?

Only a few...  Middlesborough, maybe Sheffield Wednesday, maybe Fulham.

I doubt any others are thinking that automatic promotion is a MUST.