17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Excuse the next statty post.  I know it's not for everyone.  Below is a table of our league matches so far this season, sorted in order of our possession stats (from Sky website).  So we had 71% possession against Boro & 31.8% against Flum.

It is colour-coded to correspond to the results that we got on the day.  I just thought it'd be interesting for some to see what happens to us the more we have the ball.  The righthand side is just keeping a running total of good vs bad results as we progress down the table.

d0238c0efa7ecb228349191aea40e950.png

Interesting Stat BOF.

it will act as an interesting thought when watching a game.

in boxing terms......we seem to win on points, not always noticed by the untrained eye.

When they say he knows how to get out of this division......I'm beginning to see his plan even clearer

ps be interesting to see it in a chronological graph, to see if we are getting more possession savvy as time passes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

ps be interesting to see it in a chronological graph, to see if we are getting more possession savvy as time passes.

Easy peasy. I have that too. But I don't think it's the case tbqh.

Forgot there was a game today. That's great news, Derby were beginning to remind me of an old car my dad had when we were kids. A whole milk bottle spilt in it and there was his bad smell lingering for years after, no matter what he did it never went away. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Excuse the next statty post.  I know it's not for everyone.  Below is a table of our league matches so far this season, sorted in order of our possession stats (from Sky website).  So we had 71% possession against Boro & 31.8% against Flum.

It is colour-coded to correspond to the results that we got on the day.  I just thought it'd be interesting for some to see what happens to us the more we have the ball.  The righthand side is just keeping a running total of good vs bad results as we progress down the table.

d0238c0efa7ecb228349191aea40e950.png

Excellent table. Shows the kind of football that has been effective for us. Our best games Preston, Barnsley, Norwich, Fulham have been when we have had the least possession.