17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think he did. He just made the point that they have suffered some injuries to key players. 

But it's not the level as ours which was my point.

millwall winning! Come on millwall 

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes millwall score again! 2-1 millwall. Get another millwall. Fantastic result for us of stays like this

Nothing better than Millwall getting enough confidence to do a job on us eh?

If we can be third by Christmas then it gives us half a season to try and catch Cardiff and then secure second. Gap's back to 7 points now to second. Just 4 points more from that horrible start and we'd have been right in the mix at the top. We've been on great form but we have to consitently do it now for the rest of the season. It's a big ask.

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Nothing better than Millwall getting enough confidence to do a job on us eh?

They are terrible away from home, we got to be beating them at villa park no excuses

fantastic result for us although derby scraping a win is annoying. That's the one game we cannot afford to lose

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

That gap is 7 points again. 

At the risk of being called a "doom monger" for just being realistic, I can't see how we are meant to close that gap.

We are playing well and getting good results and we STILL haven't got any closer to 2nd. 

We are starting to create a bit of a gap of our own though, the gap to 7th, giving us real hope of a play off place which we realistically are aiming for.

We are really going to have to get Davis scoring goals if we want to push on though, as we can't keep relying on our midfielders to score. 

We beat Millwall next week as we should do and Cardiff lose to whoever they're playing away. Gap is 4 points. We beat Cardiff at VP in April, gap is 1 point. Of course there's plenty of football to be played before that but that's how gaps get reduced.

Cardiff aren't going to keep on winning forever, they will drop points soon. We need to make sure though we don't draw or lose when they do.

There's still over 70 points to be played for, bit silly to be raising the white flag.

This was Cardiff's results in September October btw.

Fulham 1-1 Cardiff

Preston 3-0 Cardiff

Cardiff 1-1 Sheff Wed

Sunderland 1-2 Cardiff

Cardiff 3-1 Sheff Weds

Cardiff 0-0 Derby

Birmingham 1-0 Derby

Two wins in seven so hardly automatic form.

They will have another run like that in second half of the season imo. We need to make sure we're not clowning around at the same time and have another 10 points from four games haul at the same point. That's how you close hauls.

Frustration is we've timed this good run as Cardiff themselves have been on a winning run.

Just now, VillaChris said:

This was Cardiff's results in September October btw.

Fulham 1-1 Cardiff

Preston 3-0 Cardiff

Cardiff 1-1 Sheff Wed

Sunderland 1-2 Cardiff

Cardiff 3-1 Sheff Weds

Cardiff 0-0 Derby

Birmingham 1-0 Derby

Two wins in seven so hardly automatic form.

They will have another run like that in second half of the season imo. We need to make sure we're not clowning around at the same time and have another 10 points from four games haul at the same point. That's how you close hauls.

Frustration is we've timed this good run as Cardiff themselves have been on a winning run.

Cardiff didn’t even turn up to this one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Fancy us to win that. Sheff United are on a downard spiral now I reckon. The away games at Brentford, Derby and Boro worry me much more.

We can beat those teams. Bruce just has to earn his money by making the correct rotation decisions to keep the team fresh.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

"A few weeks" try them having kodjia out for near enough the whole season, jedinak the whole season and Terry about for 4-6 weeks. Grealish out most of the season, Lansbury out for few months. 

Dont try tell me they have had injuries like we have

i agree with your last paragraph though!

Yes but Cardiff don't have the resources we do. They don't have a 9m forward as back up to Kodjia. They don't have Lansbury as back up midfielder. They don't have the money to go out and get Snodgrass on a season long loan. I was just pointing out that electric front three they have that ripped us to pieces in August has been missing for a decent part of the season.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

We can beat those teams. Bruce just has to earn his money by making the correct rotation decisions to keep the team fresh.

Think SB will play for draws at Derby and Boro. It's just in his blood. Can't really predict Brentford as we're usually terrible against their style of play with quick 1-2s showing up our midfield. That could be another back to the wall job.