17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Great table. I'm loving all these stats!Do the home and away stats automatically update after each game?

Yep- no work required other than recording the results.. glad you like it!

37 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Hmm, that's going to get me thinking now. I reckon we're a better team now and I think we have a better squad.

Could this squad just avoid relegation in the Prem? I'm not sure, but I do believe this is a team rebuilt and on the up rather than slowly rotting like it was back then.

I would like to play west brom at villa park in fa cup just to see how this team would get on. I think we would give them a good game tbh

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair the players change every year but the fans have had to put up with losing for around 7-8 years now! 

It will take time to truly beleive again. 

Makes it even more baffling that we're still going round and round on it all...........

Maybe I'm too easily pleased.

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Makes it even more baffling that we're still going round and round on it all...........

Maybe I'm too easily pleased.

We all love Villa and Villatalk but there are only so many villa related topics we can discuss. We have no choice but to go round and round :)

• Like 2

Would be happy with a point tonight and ten points from the December fixtures.

Tonight, Derby, Sheffield United and Boro all look tight games that could all be draws.

Millwall has to be the banker at home. Brentford I'm just looking for improvement as they've been a bad match up in the three games we've played them down here.

Can someone please explain to me why Cardiff will suddenly fall away because their manager is a dinosaur. I have been looking very hard for the evidence of this but it just keeps evading me. 

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

Can someone please explain to me why Cardiff will suddenly fall away because their manager is a dinosaur. I have been looking very hard for the evidence of this but it just keeps evading me. 

Not sure.

Top 6 for me at best I think. It is the old Leicester thing "they will fall away" "they will fall away" "they will fall away"

So does the play off semi count on the old season ticket and what allocation do we play off teams get at Wembley? Hopefully not a joke like the FA cup

• Like 1

Calm people. Hell of a long way to go in this yet. I certainly don't think Cardiff will fall away but you absolutely cannot underestimate what injuries do to a team, to a squad. They've had none yet. Look at Sheffield Utd.  Coutts gets injured and suddenly the balance is gone, they look nervous and doubt is creeping in. Not won in 3. Enjoy the ride. It's gonna be fun.

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They may not but they have played most of the top sides at home including us. They have some very tough away games still. Its going to be tough but alot can happen. Injuries bad form etc. The point today was a solid result for us

Take 4 attackers from Wolves starting side and their best defender. They be lucky to be in the top 6. This is what we have had to deal with. We just need to make the play offs. Top 2 is unrealistic.. as without 5 of our best players for long periods of time.. i just dont think we have enough to beat the top sides. If we can somehow make the play offs.. maybe a one or two loan signings in January.. we may make a push come play off time. Brucey i believe has been promoted 4 times all via play offs correct? Hes got a good record. 

Further off the pace, but feeling good after that second half display.

A defeat would have halted our momentum, that resilient second half will hopefully have continued it. 

Milwall and Derby next up, two winnable games before Sheff United. If we get six points going into that one, I’d fancy us to beat Sheff Utd which would set us up nicely.

As long as we continue doing our bit, I’m trying not to get too hung up on other teams and their results  (although I do admit to keeping a hopeful eye on results, looking for a slip up).

Players to come back too, having Terry back soon will be massive. We saw the benefits of having a match fit Grealish & Lansbury we could call on.

Tonight was a decent start to a tricky month.

As a team we look fatigued. The injury list is killing us. It was brilliant to bring Grealish and Lansbury on tonight. They brought energy into the team. I’d like both to keep their places against Millwall next weekend. 

Cardiff may have pulled away again but that was a tough game tonight. Coldest day of the year at Ellan road. The boys did well to get back into the game. 

• Like 1