17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

15 hours ago, sne said:

I agree.

When you don't have a clear idea of what to do with the ball when in possession, then possession is (almost) useless. 

And I really like a well executed counter attacking play like Dortmund or like us under MON when Young was at his best..

Bruce is not the manager to get us playing a possession based football, it's not his forte.

As long as we continue to develop the way we currently play and the results stay as they are I don't really care about the %.

Thou I still feel that when it's down to the low 30% you are gambling your luck a bit too far.

True, although we have an 80% win ratio in games where we've averaged less than 40% of possession so maybe not that much of a gamble!! ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

So December - how do we see it going?

Leeds (a) - D

Millwall - W

Derby (a) - W

Sheff United - D

Brentford (a) - D

Boro (a) - L

So 9 points from 6 games. 

Do you really think we will go three games without winning? I'd be shocked. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do you really think we will go three games without winning? I'd be shocked. 

I would hope not but I just think Brentford are our bogey team and Boro are a very good side on their day. Sheff U game could go either way. It's important we don't lose that game.

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Leeds (a) - D

Millwall - W

Derby (a) - W

Sheff United - D

Brentford (a) - D

Boro (a) - L

After seeing Brentford fall apart the other day I expect us to do them. They can't handle a bit of pressure by the looks of things.

i also think we can draw agains Boro. So 12 points maybe?

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

I would hope not but I just think Brentford are our bogey team and Boro are a very good side on their day. Sheff U game could go either way. It's important we don't lose that game.

Sod all that mate, time for teams to fear us.

If we play with intensity and swagger we can pretty much batter anyone in this league.

This comment will probably now become the kiss of death ffs. lol

• Like 3

If we are around the play off region by January 1st i think we will minimum be in the play offs. at the vital end of the season march/April we have some good fixtures to go on a run so its important to be close to the promotion places. 

We should go into every game in December with the feeling (rather than the expectation) that we can win. We'll have to show two things that as a club we have rarely shown in our recent history - a ruthless streak and some self-belief. 

It's definitely doable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We should go into every game in December with the feeling (rather than the expectation) that we can win. We'll have to show two things that as a club we have rarely shown in our recent history - a ruthless streak and some self-belief. 

It's definitely doable. 

I agree, its time for teams to fear us not us fearing them. What better way then delivering a result at elland road. we actually have a good record there believe it or not despite last season. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree, its time for teams to fear us not us fearing them. What better way then delivering a result at elland road. we actually have a good record there believe it or not despite last season. 

It's certainly not a fortress this season, they've drawn or lost more than they've won - I'm hoping we'll be going there in the right frame of mind. 

12 hours ago, omariqy said:

Leeds (a) - D

Millwall - W

Derby (a) - W

Sheff United - D

Brentford (a) - D

Boro (a) - L

2 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats

13 hours ago, omariqy said:

Bogey team?  We've only been in the division long enough to play everyone twice, maybe three times! :lol: