17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Lads i think fulham will find brentford incredibly tough to beat saturday evening. Its a london derby. Brentford chasing 6th after winning tonight at forest. Smith always rotates regardless of winning or losing. Rested mepham and barbet. They are probably one of few teams in the divsion who are nearly comparable to fulham with playing the ball on the floor. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know we arent brilliant but Cardiff will definitely go straight back down. That style of football will only get you so far

So would we. Only Wolves got a chance if they keep their stars. But nontheless we need the BPL money so going up is crucial, even if for one season.

Edited by Alakagom

We haven't been fantastic lately and even tonight it wasn't a super performance but as long as Fulham stay in 2nd, I don't care who else is in the playoffs I'd completely back us to go up. Cardiff aren't that good at all really, how they've been in 2nd for so long I don't know. 

Cardiff should have scored at least once in that game and on the back of what happened against Wolves you just get the feeling that their luck has run out - could/will really destroy their mentality. Play-offs looking doable.

17 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Lads i think fulham will find brentford incredibly tough to beat saturday evening. Its a london derby. Brentford chasing 6th after winning tonight at forest. Smith always rotates regardless of winning or losing. Rested mepham and barbet. They are probably one of few teams in the divsion who are nearly comparable to fulham with playing the ball on the floor. 

Still hope they take it. Brentford and us don't mix for som reason and I don't want to entertain the idea of potentially seeing us vs them at Wembley. Or maybe I do. About time we bloody destroyed them.

Anyone else feel like they’d take 4th spot over 3rd at the moment?

It looks nailed on to be Villa - Derby in the semi finals and I feel like we know what we’re getting with them, as opposed to the various candidates for 6th place.

• Like 1

We could beat cardiff, derby and millwall in the next month and end up in the playoffs with them...big shot in the arm that

Got to get momentum now, not focus on 2nd and then dip our heads if we dont get it just be that form team

Said in the ratings thread if we get cardiff in the playoffs we need a really strong ref because you know what their tactics will be, not just jack but grabban and kodjias shirts on set pieces 

All the points we've chucked away post Wolves.

Massive missed opportunity for second this season I'm afraid. Fair play to Fulham, they've kept winning and I think they'll nick second on the final day now.

Would relish playing Cardiff in the play offs. In general play they were shocking against our under strengthed back four.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I know we arent brilliant but Cardiff will definitely go straight back down. That style of football will only get you so far

If they go up, I might have a flutter on them getting the all-time worst PL discipline record. Don't imagine refs in that league will let them wrestle Silva and Salah on the floor like that. 

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If they go up, I might have a flutter on them getting the all-time worst PL discipline record. Don't imagine refs in that league will let them wrestle Silva and Salah on the floor like that. 

Warnock's actually been reasonably competitive in the times he's managed in the prem with his "style".

Sheffield United went down with 38 points in 06/07 and as he keeps saying QPR weren't in the bottom 3 when he was sackes in January 2012.

Palace 14/15 he took 15 points from 16 games.

I agree though Cardiff would be rock bottom if they came up as they play a very kick and rush style.