17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Thats true, but they didnt have many fantastic chances.

They had plenty of shots, most from 20 odd yards.

First half particularly, their best chances came from our players being sloppy on the ball in silly positions, sloppier than we normally are.

Not saying we will beat them, just that we'll give them a tough game again.

Yeah it will be a electric atmosphere. If you score early know knows. I'll def be cheering you on.

2 hours ago, supermon said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Absolutely must beat Barnsley next, will be a tough game! They're on a bit of a run

They've won one game (against Sunderland) since the 4th November, so exactly the sort of game we will lose.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Being moderate I have us finishing on 84 points, winning 11 of our 19 remaining games, drawing 4, losing 4. It could be very close at the end. 

Don't think we can afford four more losses.

Cardiff and Derby both have tough games next week. Hopefully at least one hopefully both drop points. 

And I think we still have to play both at home? Derby right at the end I think 

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

There seems to be much more belief about us right now. Fans, pundits and players. 

Hopefully, it might, just might, be all coming together at the right time. 

Strap yourselves in, it’s looking like the next few months could be a hell of a ride!

This is key. There is no point being on the charge in September or October. It's rarely sustainable till the end of the season.  However a big charge now can see you to the end. Nows the time to put the foot down and hit form. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Being moderate I have us finishing on 84 points, winning 11 of our 19 remaining games, drawing 4, losing 4. It could be very close at the end. 

Yeah it will be something like that total I think. 

Looking at it very basically, if we carry on with our current points per game ratio (47 points from 27 games - 1.74 ppg) over 46 games that gives us 80 points.

Hopefully that average will increase with momentum and picking up more points from promotion rivals at home than we did away.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is key. There is no point being on the charge in September or October. It's rarely sustainable till the end of the season.  However a big charge now can see you to the end. Nows the time to put the foot down and hit form. 

I just hope we don't go flat out and finish 3rd on goal difference pc something and be frazzled for the playoffs

On 1/9/2018 at 15:26, ender4 said:

Second place is averaging 1.88 points per game (ppg), and looks like finishing the season on 87 points.

Villa would need another 43 points from 20 games to finish on 87 points.  
That means we need 2.15 ppg for the rest of the season. 

We have currently been averaging 1.69 ppg. 

Villa now need 2.11 ppg for the final 19 games (still assuming 87 points gets us second).  

Thats 40 points in 19 games - a combination like 12 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses required.

That will probably just scrape us into second place.

We are fourth and yet I think we've only played well a handful of times..this squad has under performed in the first half of the season.

Teams above us have over performed ( not counting Wolves ) whereas we are only just getting everybody back fit and firing..so I think it's all to play for and  we'll pick up more points than our first half  ( which we are showing already ) .... especially with us playing the top teams at home instead of away.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

We are fourth and yet I think we've only played well a handful of times..this squad has under performed in the first half of the season.

Teams above us have over performed ( not counting Wolves ) whereas we are only just getting everybody back fit and firing..so I think it's all to play for and  we'll pick up more points than our first half  ( which we are showing already ) .... especially with us playing the top teams at home instead of away.

No more likes left but I definately agree with you.

Keep this momentum and it is going to be an exciting few weeks/months ahead.

35 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Would be fantastic to get a pumped up Kodija back on the books as well. Then I think we definitely will have a very good shot at 2nd.

32 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Bruce confirmed today that he's sadly out for the rest of the season.

Yeah feared he might not make it back this season and confirms why we need Ulloa pretty quickly.