17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Just noticed Derby are signing Cameron Jerome

Have to say this is good news as he is pretty shit. He needs about 5 chances to score

He always seems to cause problems to be fair.

I think he offers more than "goalscoring".

Only going off seeing him against us.

15 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Very interesting point

Will definitely be a new dynamic for them to deal with 

You almost feel like it might be better to slip in over the last 1-3 games but not sure my nerves could take it! 

This is in my opinion  the best way to get promoted.

If we hit form at just the right time and take one of the two automatic places without having the pressure of holding them....

Fergie used to say that you can’t win the league in April and prepared his teams to peak at the right time....maybe Steve Bruce learnt from the master?

58 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

This is in my opinion  the best way to get promoted.

If we hit form at just the right time and take one of the two automatic places without having the pressure of holding them....

Fergie used to say that you can’t win the league in April and prepared his teams to peak at the right time....maybe Steve Bruce learnt from the master?

Well yes, but a) I'd prefer to be in Wolves position than ours and b )  it coming down to a winner-takes-all penultimate game v Derby or having to beat Millwall on the final day would be as stressful as having to go through the playoffs.  Let's get there in Feb and pull away in March/April!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think slipping in then pulling away at the climax are generally sound tactics. 

I’ve always felt pulling away at the climax is the safer bet, but the key is always finishing ahead of the others, and looking after yourself. That is always a job well done in my eyes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve always felt pulling away at the climax is the safer bet, but the key is always finishing ahead of the others, and looking after yourself. That is always a job well done in my eyes. 

ken-1_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqjwqlRemTWOSPd

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think Fergie was talking out his arse. If you've rinsed the league ala wolves or man City this year you've got it won in April 

But have you got it almost won? ;)

With Cardiff strengthening with Grujic and Grabban I can see them staying strong for the rest of the season. However, they have a very difficult run in Feb and if have not taken them over by the end of Feb I don't think we ever will. 

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

With Cardiff strengthening with Grujic and Grabban I can see them staying strong for the rest of the season. However, they have a very difficult run in Feb and if have not taken them over by the end of Feb I don't think we ever will. 

Could be a good idea. We could sell all their best players for cheap and make them use the money to buy Richards. ^_^

12 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think Fergie was talking out his arse. If you've rinsed the league ala wolves or man City this year you've got it won in April 

Point taken.

I guess he was trying to prove that until the points are in the bag nothing is certain. Most teams do not get into a position where the league is mathematically won until May.

Lets face it Man City and Wolves are way ahead, but you cant rule out and unlikely loss of form until they cant be caught.

For me id love to be in Wolves position but we haven't been good enough to keep up with them..................so far ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Possibly it all stems to pressure and who handles the best.

We have three huge home games towards end of season which could be deciding factor

On 15/01/2018 at 12:33, rubberman said:

There's plenty of time to chip away at Derby's lead, but I'd also like to get a gap below as a buffer.  

There really isn't though. 

We've been on a pretty good run for a while and have only managed to close the gap to second from 7 points to 5 points in 4 months.  We've caught up 2 points in 4 months. 

We need a massive improvement (or a collapse from Derby and Cardiff), or on current form it will take us another 10 months to catch second!  

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

1WQiImR.png

This is 2015-2016 but I think it shows a point how badly managed this club was. And Tony coming and splurging 10mn on shitty Championship players probably did not make it better. 

How does Tony get any blame for this!?