Entrance music

sidcow

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It was back to Escape, we had it for most of the last 10 years in the prem although I assumed it had been ditched after the shambolic relegation seas0on.

Looks like it's the fallback option when another flops.

I didn't see the harm in us coming out to Black Sabbath. We play it pre match and in previous seasons we've come out to it but it always seems to be ditched halfway through the season for some reason.

*Music Snob Alert* Actually that's Ozzy's solo work, not Black Sabbath that they play in the pre match playlist... ;)

We did end up with Sabbath for a little while when the fans chose the songs - think A LOT of Villa fans like the connection, however when it was playing it just sounded weak IMO and sounded a bit flat. Need to sort out the mixing if they go down that route. Saturday just kind of went flat and was just plain odd. Hopefully they can sort it. Not the most important part of things, but helps gets the fans more into it.

• Like 1

They played Hi Ho SIlver Lining just before the players came out on Saturday and it got a great response. Lots of singing along. Couldn't they just use that as entrance music?

On another note, I wasn't a huge fan of the chants played through the PA system pre-game. Bit small time, that.

Yeah hi ho silver lining worked well I thought. They seem to try to get the crowd going with that and then put on "escape" as the players came out. Think it ended up being a little muddled.

Might be worth trying hi ho silver lining on it's own. At least everyone can sing along to it.

52 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

The medley before the blues game was brilliant, really got people up for the game. Not sure if it would lose the impact if it was played every week but hi ho silver lining was good.

Personally, i dont think you can beat theme from an unmade silent movie. 

Old git :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They played Hi Ho SIlver Lining just before the players came out on Saturday and it got a great response. Lots of singing along. Couldn't they just use that as entrance music?

On another note, I wasn't a huge fan of the chants played through the PA system pre-game. Bit small time, that.

Yeh the fan chants before the game and at half time were annoying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/08/2017 at 10:06, Stevo985 said:

I'd be up for that. It's always great when it came on in the pubs pre match, because it got everyone singing along.

• 4 years later...

As a nostalgic distraction from Stevie G laa out rumblings.....I'd still love this as our walk out music (if there has to be any at all):

Yes I am an old fart, so what ?😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Scenes when it's not Phil Collins and Steeeeeevie threatens to punch the PA guy.

Rumour is thats why Mings was stripped of the captaincy for deleting Phil Collins from the playlist

• Like 1

Â