Entrance music

sidcow

Dunno but i cringe when I hear sweet Caroline & Hi Ho Silver Lining. It's not like they are exclusively Villa songs even. But then I am a DJ so I would have some stuff on which most people at the game wouldn't have a clue as to what it was lol! I like fresh cutting edge stuff rather than music that's 50 odd years old. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

The music from Steptoe and Son I think would be perfect for how we play at the moment.

Reading the Steven Gerrard and other threads in this and other forums i'd say this would be more appropriate at the moment. 😉

• Haha 2

I'm another "old geezer" that will always cast my vote for "theme from an unmade silent movie";). That said, I've no problem with "Crazy Train" and given our present line up, "Brasil 66" by Sergio Mendes might get a look in. 

• Like 1

On 13/03/2017 at 08:55, Ginko said:

Iron Man by Sabbath. Great tune, instantly recognisable, dare I say even iconic intro, even if we only get people singing 'I am iron man' it'd be atmospheric, good thematically to get the players and fans ready for the game and by arguably the best band Birmingham has produced. And obviously Geezer is a massive Villan, Ozzy too, maybe.

No brainer for me.

Judas Priest could be in for a shout if we're going for Brum bands, but I don't know if any of them are associated with Aston as much as Sabbath are. Sabbath are the natural choice.

But one of Ozzy's solo records might do. Crazy Train ("I'm going off the rails on a crazy train") or Diary of a Madman ("Sanity now it's beyond me / There's no choice") sums up the general fan feeling at the moment.

There's so much great music from the Birmingham-Midlands area that we'd be spoiled for choice, really.

Edited by His Name Is Death

4 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

Judas Priest could be in for a shout if we're going for Brum bands, but I don't know if any of them are associated with Aston as much as Sabbath are. Sabbath are the natural choice.

But one of Ozzy's solo records might do. Crazy Train ("I'm going off the rails on a crazy train") or Diary of a Madman ("Sanity now it's beyond me / There's no choice") sums up the general fan feeling at the moment.

There's so much great music from the Birmingham-Midlands area that we'd be spoiled for choice, really.

Six years and someone finally replied to my post… 😉

• Haha 1

Â