Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Chester just not 100% tonight, lapsing a bit now which may cost us again in the second half. Overall happy enough though despite the goal, we just need to create more, we still haven't clicked in the last third.

Maybe working double with the Peaky Blinders job is starting to take it's toll?

Bildresultat för peaky blinders John Shelby

Just now, Regista said:

Barring the goal we've looked more solid with Jefinak back but make no mistake we are f**king clueless going forward, we've not played well at all, Newcastle have just been awful. 

There is no system, it's a joke. We have no idea how to attack as a team, and that's down to management and coaching. We have the players to play much better football than this. Don't tell me he needs time, he won't ever get this team playing to its potential. 

It's a new side and takes time to build those combinations. I think the 433 suits us as it makes us more solid. Hanson can't start as he offers nothing. Adomah should be starting. I don't see what Hogan offers yet.. been quite poor and not worth the money. We don't play to his strengths. Move Kodjia uptop and Green on the wing. Whip balls into Kodjia. Probably our best way to get goals this season 

• Like 1

Stability for the sake of stability is also pointless. We now have the owner, the players, just need a manager he suits this squad. 

Bruce will play another formation next game. With Bjarnason somehow managing to keep somebody else out the team. 

• Like 3

2 things.

Morten harkett really doesn't offer much if anything apart from a bit of defensive cover.

Broke up 3 or 4 attacks by stopping and passing it back needlessly.

Throw ins. Is it law that Hutton takes every single throw in in the right ? 3 time morten harkett looked to take quick thrown in (only attacking thing he has donen ) Hutton has just walked expecting to take it thus again making us easy to defend against.

We haven't been too bad 1st half apart from being wide open on the left 5 or 6 times. Oh and the shit goal.

Goal ratio of shots on target to goals against at the moment is bloody scary

Barnsley 3 from 4. Ipswich 1 from 1 and Newcastle the bloody same tonight.... 

Come on lads let's surprise even ourselves with an actual comeback

• Like 1

It like playing a football game at too hard a difficulty level.You hang in there for a bit, put some passes together, maybe even create a chance or two. Trouble is, the whole time you're starting to believe you might belong, the opposition is busy realising you ain't shit. Then you get destroyed.

• Like 1

Trouble is we are not comprehensively the better team. We played quite well to contained them and then slipped up. Our link up play between midfield and attack is woefull, I think we have the players but no one really seems to know who's going where and how we attack as a team, that's on Bruce and the coaching staff. Fed up of changing manager but if we don't match or play any better than that first half he can do one and we should try the next one on the list.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Nope. But what do you do, sack yet another manager?

Yes

if we were making van baby steps towards improvement then I'd say no but our issue is we can't score, we've just had a half where we'd mainly say we played quite well, we had 2 chances, the bit of a flukey one that fell to Thor and kodjias deflected shot

thats doing well... we have a £12m striker wasted imo on the wing, we have no striker on the bench

i don't see us scoring personally, we may have 1 maybe 2 chances at best 2nd half

• Like 1

Our inability to score will be our downfall this season. Only Wigan have scored less. We had the same problem when we got relegated last year. It doesn't matter how well you close down the opposition (and we have today) or how much possession you have or how many corners you have or how many attempts on goal you have if you don't score you will never win and you will be relegated. This is just sick. 6 seasons of the same old bollocks and no signs of it ever changing.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1

Bjarnason has worked hard, tackled well but his final ball is poor.

Kodjia is our best player but is wasted on the left, he also can't link up with Hogan.

No-one is playing the ball to Hogan where he wants or needs it. He only receives the ball with his back to goal.

Hourihane is invisible.

Jedinak is the man we have been missing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's odd - I was thinking the opposite through the first half hour - that we needed another proper midfielder and Kodjia wasn't that. Now we're behind, I think there's potential for a change of shape.

I'd just rather have Kodjia on the field than Birkir. Kodjia at least has the ability to create something out of nothing.

Birkir seems pretty timid. He isn't attacking defenders and almost seems confused in the RW spot. Hutton has done more offensively than Birkir has. 

For me, Green or Adomah has to come on. 

1 minute ago, KSV said:

It's a new side and takes time to build those combinations. I think the 433 suits us as it makes us more solid. Hanson can't start as he offers nothing. Adomah should be starting. I don't see what Hogan offers yet.. been quite poor and not worth the money. We don't play to his strengths. Move Kodjia uptop and Green on the wing. Whip balls into Kodjia. Probably our best way to get goals this season 

Just bring on Adomah, that should help for now. Shame we don't have another Albert for the LHS.