Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Were losing 1 - 0 don't look like scoring and concede from their only chance from piss poor defending.

How have they been in any way right.

But up until the goal, Newcastle never looked like scoring.

If he had gone all out attack and Newcastle hammered us he'd get slaughtered for it. The game plan was to contain Newcastle and get their fans quiet, which happened. Unfortunately, again we make an error and the opposition score. Can't see how Bruce can get blamed for that.

Just now, sne said:

"Has not come from behind in a league game in 3.5 years"

That is not a stat to be proud of.

You'd think we'd do it accidentally occasionally. We really are so shit that it's unbelievable.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Comprehensively the better side again.

Haven't scored again.

Conceded an unlucky one again.

Nothing works for us. Nothing.

I **** off to watch Lucifer after about 8 minutes, looks like I've only missed a rerun of most of our games this season.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Remember the days of Nobby Solano and JPA when we used to score on a regular basis.

Them were the days.

I remember Deehan Little and Gray smashing virtually every defence in Division One, THEM were the days.

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How were his tactics wrong tonight?

Kodjia left wing for me, hogan looks isolated and we have nothing up front

we had far more of the ball than I think was expected, needed a tweak half way through the half when we knew they were poor to push us further up and put more emphasis on ourselves rather than cancelling them out

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

How the f*** are this Newcastle team top of the league? They are nothing special. Twice we have played them and twice we have matched them.

They can win games and we can't. Honestly, it's about as far as anyone could get to explaining what is going on right now.

• Like 1