Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

I don't think hogan and Kodjia work at the moment

I would rather start Kodjia with Adomah on the right

We need a proper winger. Birkir is not that. He has done nothing offensively. 

I think Kodjia has done fine, but we need someone else creating chances from the right. 

Just now, AshVilla said:

Well Bruce's game plan has been undone.

We will now need to take the game to the opposition to get anything out of it.

Time to prove your the right man for the job Steve.

You know how low the probability of that is right?

Barring the goal we've looked more solid with Jedinak back but make no mistake we are f**king clueless going forward, we've not played well at all, Newcastle have just been awful. 

There is no system, it's a joke. We have no idea how to attack as a team, and that's down to management and coaching. We have the players to play much better football than this. Don't tell me he needs time, he won't ever get this team playing to its potential. 

Edited by Regista
  • Like 3

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

Nope. But what do you do, sack yet another manager?

If the alternative is relegation certainly.

No win in 2017 if we continue playing the way we are with clown defending and being toothless up front were going down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

You're watching a different game. Over half the passes made don't find their target. Absolute cloggers

The quality of football in the first half has been very poor. Seen better football in the national league.

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

It's odd - I was thinking the opposite through the first half hour - that we needed another proper midfielder and Kodjia wasn't that. Now we're behind, I think there's potential for a change of shape.

Defensively, until the clown car rolled up, it was a half decent performance, but I think it's fair to say Newcastle are having an off day.

In Newcastle's half, we've been **** useless. We've had two chances, Bjarnasson with his back to goal in a tight position, and Kodja's effort from nowhere that took a huge deflection.

We've created no real chances of substance. I wouldn't consider that a good 45 minutes at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

I think Kodjia has done fine, but we need someone else creating chances from the right. 

I agree that Birkir is not the best offensive player but i think his understanding tactically is very good.  He is the type a player you would put on with 20 mins to go. 

Very undeserved. They scored on their only chance. We have been the better team, and I'm quite pleased with the performance so far. Wonder if it is because of Jedinak that we look so much better?

I think Bruce got the line up spot on (perhaps bar Bjarnason) and I have been impressed by Taylor, he seems to be a very accomplished left back.

Hourihane and Lansbury haven't done anything wrong and have shown flashes of quality, but they need to create more, especially now when Jedinak sits behind them.

• Like 1