Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The internet in 1999, did you meet her playing Chuckie Egg? 

No lol, AOL messenger :) I'm a bit more worldly wise now. Met up with her a few times, but the long distance thing (before I could stomach paying for a mobile phone) started to get a bit tricky with me working shifts and such at the time. To be clear, the full act never happened. But she swallowed three times. Never been lucky enough to find anybody else that prolific. Not even my ex wife.

Anyhow, back on topic... the son of a friend of mine is a ball boy in the Trinity corner of the Holte. I wonder if they have new kit next season too...

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

No lol, AOL messenger :) I'm a bit more worldly wise now. Met up with her a few times, but the long distance thing (before I could stomach paying for a mobile phone) started to get a bit tricky with me working shifts and such at the time. To be clear, the full act never happened. But she swallowed three times. Never been lucky enough to find anybody else that prolific. Not even my ex wife.

Anyhow, back on topic... the son of a friend of mine is a ball boy in the Trinity corner of the Holte. I wonder if they have new kit next season too...

Oh good god. You were like a young Bill Clinton! Ha.

• Like 1

Is there ANYONE else out there who can't tell the difference between any of these kits unless someone patiently explains it or lines them up ? I had to look about five times to understand the ' purple' debate, have no idea how many collared/ v necked/ non collared we've had, nor what we usually do or don't do with sleeves. 

Its not that I'm not interested. I am, but as soon as the picture is removed they all merge- although a couple of times we've had striped ones I recall that well enough.

I feel such a heathen I've read the last ten pages and couldn't tell you the new kit from last years or the year before ( etc) if they were presented without the date. My son has decided I am senile. 

There must be someone else who struggles with it ?

Anyway I like the new one. Hopefully we'll have a white one I like the white.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-2 at 12:15, BOF said:

DBTkJMJW0AAWh6j.jpgDBTkJMGXoAEpgby.jpg

OMG OMG OMG

ajgKG.gif

giphy.gif

I usually hum and haw about jerseys, especially now I'm a grown man who doesn't wear them out in public.  But I will buy the shit out of that away and it will be gym gear :thumb:  #elegantsolution

That is the dogs bollocking of a top oi oi

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Don't worry I am sure it won't be long for middle aged overweight men to buy overpriced undersized advertising boards from our club.

Fun Factory??? more like Fun Sponge

• Like 3

On 6/4/2017 at 15:57, tismyk said:

Arsenal will never change their traditional  home strip and neither should we, if you want something different there's always TJMaxx

Excellent point.  

Or on the (very) rare season when there is a change (their last season at Highbury, stripped socks as a nod to Herbert Chapman's side) it stands out. You think of other iconic kits like Inter Milan, Juventus or even Celtic and they seem to have enough pride in their heritage to not keep on dicking about with the colours and format.

No other so called big club has had the weird mishmash of striped, cheveroned and multicoloured home shirts we have had over the past 20 years.  Despite supposedly having the same colours as us, the majority of West Ham kits in the 90s and 00s were gash.  But they seem to have got their act together now whilst we seem content with purple and baby blue bilge. 

Experiment with the away kit by all means -go crazy and bring out a third kit if you really want to go to town. But the home kit should have some consistency to it. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Jareth said:

I met my wife online too, she's from Thailand. She was cheap.

Does she know what temperature to wash the new kit at so the transfers don't come off?

• Like 3

On 15/06/2017 at 07:37, HolteExile said:

Excellent point.  

Or on the (very) rare season when there is a change (their last season at Highbury, stripped socks as a nod to Herbert Chapman's side) it stands out. You think of other iconic kits like Inter Milan, Juventus or even Celtic and they seem to have enough pride in their heritage to not keep on dicking about with the colours and format.

Inter changes quite often, sure it is blue & black stripes but the thickness,positioning & layout of the stripes is all over the place

https://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/teams/inter-milan/152?style[]=home&pricerange=£0 - £500&sort=&page=2

Celtic have had very similar shirts for most of the 2000's but again there are clear differences on the past few kits

https://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/search/?search=celtic&style[]=home&pricerange=£0 - £500&sort=&page=2

Juve are the same as inter, sometimes 3 stripes, sometimes 5, sometimes 7. Somtimes a central black stripe, sometimes white

• Like 1

Evidence, eh? You'll point out evidence of Inter recently playing in with light blue stripes one season, then maybe ditching the stripes altogether?   Maybe a season when Celtic flirted with hearing aid beige or -horror!  royal blue for the home kit?  Or perhaps Juventus adding chevrons/ go faster stripes or a whole load of other nonsense to ruin their kits, that type of evidence? ;)

The point remains:  Inter play in blue and black stripes. Any other sides that wear that strip look like an Inter tribute act, so synonymous are they with those colours.  To my knowldege, Celtic haven't opted for teal, bottle green, British racing green or any other weird variation just to shake things up. It's green and white hoops.  Juventus' kit is famous the world over; black and white stripes.  Not grey and off white/cream. 

Now within those constraints there are minor adjustments that designers push forward, which will sometimes get accepted, sometimes not.  But all those clubs seem to push back on the more weird, half arsed designs for the home kits that don't do their clubs justice (Some of Celtic's away shirts have been shocking, in fairness). Be that looking too 'busy', or just getting the colours flat out wrong. We don't, sadly. 

Edited by HolteExile

At the end of the day, the companies making the kit don't give two flying **** what other companies have done before them. The owner has a criteria, the kit maker makes the kit. Simple as. Some will like it. Some won't. 

I like the traditional style kits, I like the striped kits. But even thwn they can be awful or boring like the hummel or later diadora ones. The only kits I never liked were the full claret ones without blue sleeves like the awful ntl one. 

If you like it then buy it. If not then get the away or leave them on the pegs. 

But only wash them at 30 degrees without softener and not a lot of powder if you do buy one!

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1