Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Not particularly liking the 'fanny' line on the shorts.

You just don't like the lion pointing out your mini-weiner.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

July 1st.

It's John Terry.

Was just thinking the same after his tweet the other day.

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

As predicted. Can be ordered then but not picked up until 29th July due to lateness of sorting the new sponsor when Luke Organ joined as CCO in April. Sounds like it's a big name sponsor potentially. 

I don't see anything to suggest it's a big name sponsor but hopefully it will be .

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don't see anything to suggest it's a big name sponsor but hopefully it will be .

I was going from this section - 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/06/26/the-big-interview-luke-organ?view=amp

The two-year deal with Intuit QuickBooks will conclude later this month and he praised the company’s contribution to the club, revealing importantly that a new main partner – showcased on the front of next season’s shirt – will be announced on July 1.

He says this new deal “recognises the size and scale of Aston Villa in terms of the size of the contribution made to the club and the plans for activation.”

The new Aston Villa/Under Armour shirt will also be revealed on July 1 with fans able to view the home and away offering.

There will then be a one-month pre-sale period with supporters able to receive, collect and buy both kits at the end of July.

“I’d like to let fans know the background to kit launch.

“As we know, fans are always keen to see the shirt as soon as possible after the end of the season. We’re also keen to reveal as soon as possible to drive our retail position forward. While we’d have liked to launch the shirt earlier, it is always driven by main club partner announcements and kit manufacture timelines. 

“We didn’t have the front of shirt partner in place when I joined the club, but we have worked extremely hard to get the best deal for the club with very little time.

“We have worked hard over Christmas and into the New Year in order to secure the best opportunity and this was delivered in April. However the timing on this has a knock-on effect in terms of manufacturing and application of logos on to thousands of shirts – it’s a time-consuming, manual job. 

“That has delayed everything, unfortunately. Our focus is very much on kit launch with the front of shirt partner being announced at the same time as our new kit is launched in advance of our first friendly games. 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I was going from this section - 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/06/26/the-big-interview-luke-organ?view=amp

The two-year deal with Intuit QuickBooks will conclude later this month and he praised the company’s contribution to the club, revealing importantly that a new main partner – showcased on the front of next season’s shirt – will be announced on July 1.

He says this new deal “recognises the size and scale of Aston Villa in terms of the size of the contribution made to the club and the plans for activation.”

The new Aston Villa/Under Armour shirt will also be revealed on July 1 with fans able to view the home and away offering.

There will then be a one-month pre-sale period with supporters able to receive, collect and buy both kits at the end of July.

“I’d like to let fans know the background to kit launch.

“As we know, fans are always keen to see the shirt as soon as possible after the end of the season. We’re also keen to reveal as soon as possible to drive our retail position forward. While we’d have liked to launch the shirt earlier, it is always driven by main club partner announcements and kit manufacture timelines. 

“We didn’t have the front of shirt partner in place when I joined the club, but we have worked extremely hard to get the best deal for the club with very little time.

“We have worked hard over Christmas and into the New Year in order to secure the best opportunity and this was delivered in April. However the timing on this has a knock-on effect in terms of manufacturing and application of logos on to thousands of shirts – it’s a time-consuming, manual job. 

“That has delayed everything, unfortunately. Our focus is very much on kit launch with the front of shirt partner being announced at the same time as our new kit is launched in advance of our first friendly games. 

Didn't read that part but on reflection it does indeed sound promising - I had read the evening mail article but this does sound good news hopefully .

if the away kit is indeed the black one on seen previous pages I will be buying it.

• Like 1

Nice bit of spin... he isn't going to say that as a championship club we have struggled to find a sponsor willing to pay what we would like but we have made the best deal we could with Sid's Cafe which reflects our stature within the game..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

“We didn’t have the front of shirt partner in place when I joined the club.....

Does that hint at more than one sponsor for next seasons shirt ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slovenian said:

i understand it as 'sorry for the new shitty sponsor and late kit release'

Not a shitty sponsor by the sound of it though

and is end of July really that late? Means you won't see it on a sunburnt Englishman in Tenerife till August but it's not that late, would have liked it for pre season but I'll live 

the only worrying thing for me was the comment about the sponsor being applied by hand, that's that peeling off then...

• Like 1

Most clubs sponsors are ironed on by hand. I've previously had to stick sponsor stickers  onto 1000 plus shirts in a day last summer and we had maybe 5 returned due to them peeling. 

• Like 1