Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

It looks like a Villa kit, sure, but that pinky 'claret' is still **** ugly. That's my only gripe with it.

It's the lack of 'pinky' (i.e. a bit of red in the purple) that others are complaining about.  I've done a colour grab of various bits of that jersey and the rgb does qualify as claret, but it is the non-red end of the spectrum.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the background moderation continues, no worries. I'm not here to argue, but I remain committed to my opinion. Fill your boots and spend your money. I'll wait until a more... 'traditional' claret and blue shirt turns up. :thumb:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Well the background moderation continues, no worries. I'm not here to argue, but I remain committed to my opinion. Fill your boots and spend your money. I'll wait until a more... 'traditional' claret and blue shirt turns up. :thumb:

How traditional are we taking? Like 1990s traditional or 1930s traditional?

ps. I'm not having a go, genuinely interested :) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

How traditional are we taking? Like 1990s traditional or 1930s traditional?

ps. I'm not having a go, genuinely interested :) 

Personally, the best kits were 1992/1993 (the colours and the retro lace up design - oozed class) and the Reebok 1995/96 shirts. The colours, the design etc were spot on for me.

If I wear colours to a game, it's either the white scarf with claret and blue on it, or if I'm going 'all in' with a shirt, it'll be the Nike Acorns shirt. Mostly because it's Nike :ph34r:

I appreciate that as a club, we have worn many different styles, shades of claret, shades of blue and indeed a wealth of other colours. We're all different and we all like different things. I've expressed what I like... but I don't take kindly to my remarks as being 'silly' or even constituting an 'argument.' The opinion is valid, not silly, and any argument is tongue in cheek - hence the gratuitous use of smilies and emoticons. :thumb: 

Now - where are the half a dozen likes?

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 2

The reebok ones were good, and I remember them fondly. I was in my early teens in the mid 90s, so I often think perhaps there just claret tinted specs I'm looking back with.

The round neck Nike kits were some of my faves too, I always wear round necks in my normal tshirts so I like it on a football shirt too.

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

Background moderation? Hardly, its just differing opinions is all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ginko said:

It looks like a Villa kit, sure, but that pinky 'claret' is still **** ugly. That's my only gripe with it.

That being said, I don't think those shirts have officially been declared as legit, have they? 

They are too well made to be fakes. 

I mean they are actual photos of the shirts for a start with a front and back image, with images of the shorts also included on the leak website.

We have had fakes posted here and so many look great, but none to this calibre.

13 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Personally, the best kits were 1992/1993 (the colours and the retro lace up design - oozed class) and the Reebok 1995/96 shirts. The colours, the design etc were spot on for me.

Wasnt the 95/96 Reebok kit the one where the collars rolled up after a few weeks. Personally i'd rather have a quality kit slightly off colour than one with flaws. 

Having said that I still have the 92 lace kit.. favourite kit ever by any club or national team. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Villaninireland said:

I loved the Umbro shirts when had in the 70s.

images.jpg

For me, this is the ideal claret and blue. Somewhere down the line the claret got pinkish and the blue got Coventry City blue.

Of course it's Umbro too, which is who I want our next kit maker to be.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Junxs said:

Wasnt the 95/96 Reebok kit the one where the collars rolled up after a few weeks. Personally i'd rather have a quality kit slightly off colour than one with flaws. 

Having said that I still have the 92 lace kit.. favourite kit ever by any club or national team. 

Interesting - I didn't have a problem like that with my 1995/96 shirt. In fact, possibly my finest hour came (literally) in that shirt. Back in the day, (November 1999) I met a young woman from Manchester (City) via the internet. One thing led to another and there in her bed, with me wearing my Villa shirt, interesting things happened three times. :thumb:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Interesting - I didn't have a problem like that with my 1995/96 shirt. In fact, possibly my finest hour came (literally) in that shirt. Back in the day, (November 1999) I met a young woman from Manchester (City) via the internet. One thing led to another and there in her bed, with me wearing my Villa shirt, interesting things happened three times. :thumb:

The internet in 1999, did you meet her playing Chuckie Egg? 

• Like 1