Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I beg to differ.

Mr PhumFeinz I echo your sentiment. It's hard to tell. However I am not genderist so if she or he is trans or AC/DC (another medical term) or an inbetweener (yes, another medical term) then I am not to judge. 

I just hope "they" (see my political correctness in action there?) buy TWO seats and not , spill out, onto those sited left and right. Liverpool fans, my thoughts are with you. 

Edit- I've tracked off topic sorry. Here, redirect. That kit, whether we like it or not is the one we are wearing when we do a Huddersfield and win the playoffs this year. I'd say auto promotion but I think there's more chance of the titanic scoring the winning goal in the champions league final this weekend. As things stand anyway. 

Edited by Midfielder

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I'm not sold on that just yet. I like that the collar is more t shirt style and no button-style but that random bit at the front of the neck looks a bit odd I may be being picky there. 

Will wait and see what the away looks like but I give it a 7/10 nothing too radical not sure about the claret, as others have said but hey. Would like in long sleeve, arm patches, with a Mellberg 4 on the back as usual. 

As others have said , shame a sponsor may potentially wreck it but it's ok. It'll grow on me. We're not all Anthony Joshua types like our very own @JAMAICAN-VILLAN to pull off the figure hugging tops these days. I'd better get in shape pre kit release! Don't wanna be this guy next season

collingwood.jpeg

Would.

• Like 2

It's really good. I don't think I like it as much as last years, but that was a high bar. A good sponsor could push it ahead. It's a super clean and classy look, especially with the lion pattern.

I'd like to see the hue of the claret shift slightly towards the red end of the spectrum, but it's certainly not purple.

18 hours ago, GBLFC said:

Not bad. The lions aren't for me, but they aren't really offensive either. The blue is too light. They should drop the blue badge, and just put the gold lion on there with AVFC above it in blue. 7/10

I'm assuming the blue on the shirt is the colour it is in order to match the badge.

Unless we change the badge, the blue on the shirt is going to be that colour.

I do agree the bit at the front of the collar is a bit weird. But that's pretty much my only fault. I don't really care that the claret is slightly off.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I do agree the bit at the front of the collar is a bit weird. But that's pretty much my only fault. I don't really care that the claret is slightly off.

Under Armour know our football is going to be that scintillating and of edge-of-seat brilliant next season that it will leave us all dribbling... hence Under Armour have stitched in an extra absorbent fabric insert, because they're that considerate. Otherwise, yeah it looks odd. 

The dribble guard on the home shirt, for me, it is like Cindy Crawford's mole. It's there, but it doesn't put me off. 

c5bf20846c8b40500a76f66a66918b27.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm, that looks more like a mock up that a real shirt, not a Photoshop expert but presumably that could be knocked up fairly quickly based on the other leaked shirt.

I do really like it though! If it's real I would probably buy it, maybe instead of the home as it's been a while since a black away kit (was it 2010 under Houllier?). That looks like the championship winning away shirt next season :) 

Edited by alreadyexists

I can't say I'm particularly sold on either at the moment. The away kit looks like a training kit to me.

Edit - I agree with the post above that it could easily be a photoshop effort after the home shirt leak.

Edited by rjenkins

48 minutes ago, limvillian said:

Purple and powder blue...bah!

I can hear it now.  "Steve Bruce's purple and baby blue army!"

• Like 1