The Manager thread

Xela

RE - Giggs

At least the media can stop flogging the bloke for every job going now!! That’s enough for me. 

I have a feeling it’s all going to go terribly wrong for him and he’ll never get another job in management again. 

Edited by villan-scott
Page break made it unclear what I was harping on about
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, villan-scott said:

RE - Giggs

At least the media can stop flogging the bloke for every job going now!! That’s enough for me. 

I have a feeling it’s all going to go terribly wrong for him and he’ll never get another job in management again. 

Yep, I'm Welsh, and I'm gutted. 

Says it all that his first statement is to seek advice from Ferguson. Might want to start with advice from Coleman pal. 

To go from Speed and Coleman, two men who would put themselves on the line for the shirt any time to someone who seemed to see playing for Wales as a chore is frankly tragic. 

• Like 1

I know Wales deliberately don't play many friendlies to keep their FIFA ranking artificially high but how can Giggs stand there in a Press Conference and say anything about how his team played in a friendly when he never bothered to play in them himself. I hope he crashes and burns.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I can't understand why he got this job. He literally have zero managerial experience and he get's a job for a national team. It's actually laughable.

Dosen't matter for Wales. They don't pay much so can't attract established candidates.

Look at who also interviewed for the job: Mark Bowen (long term assistant to Hughes but never managed), Osain Roberts (technical director at Welsh FA) and Craig Bellamy (same lack of experience as Giggs).

Wales in the past have given the job to Hughes who was still playing at the time for Blackburn and Gary Speed who'd only been a manager at Sheffield United for two months.

While I agree Giggs is a risky appointment I think it's unfair to level he dosen't deserve the job on experience. 

Yep, out of a possible 21 away friendlies for Wales, he played in one of them. And that was vs Brazil in London.

There's a video going around of his pre-game team talk before his last game in charge of United. It is cringe worthy. The most uninspiring team talk I've ever heard.

Â