The Manager thread

Xela

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Think that's terrible for us. 

Genuinely don't think promotion will be possible now.

Cardiff and wolves for automatic. Boro for playoffs.

Unfortunately Pulis is a much better manager than Bruce.

Yep we have cocked it up again guess we are stuck here now.

blew it second year in a row.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How overrated is Bilic?

On a scale of 1 - Redknapp, I'd go for 78

Think he is a very good motivator and tries to play football. Tactically weak and cant sort out a defence

Rather him than Harry ;)

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think he is a very good motivator and tries to play football. Tactically weak and cant sort out a defence

Rather him than Harry ;)

“Tries to play football” is not a positive. 

I think he’s poor, yet has been linked to jobs for years. 

He’ll become another pardew/curbishley/moyes etc. Linked to every job despite never having much success to speak of. 

And yes id rather him than Harry too. That’s why harry was the end of the scale. The most overrated manager of all time. 

New Swansea Manager

Swansea City have appointed former Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal as their new permanent boss. 

Player-coach Leon Britton had been in temporary charge of Swansea since the Premier League's bottom side sacked Paul Clement on 20 December.

Carvalhal was dismissed by Wednesdayon Christmas Eve, with the Owls 15th in the Championship table.

I actually don't think that's the worst appointment. I mean, he's had two or three seasons of finishing in the playoffs playing good, winning football. Yes, it's gone to shit this season, but most managers are available because their last job went to shit in the end. 

I assume it's an appointment made with half an eye on next season in the Championship as well. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I actually don't think that's the worst appointment. I mean, he's had two or three seasons of finishing in the playoffs playing good, winning football. Yes, it's gone to shit this season, but most managers are available because their last job went to shit in the end. 

I assume it's an appointment made with half an eye on next season in the Championship as well. 

Might as well wave the white flag now. They would have been better appointing bruce

Just now, Zatman said:

That would only benefit Villa and nobody else

Carlos was below Bruce and has zero promotions,  no premier league experience despite his flaws Bruce would have been a better fit for where they currently are

Â